CHAPTER 16

Kayla's POV

Kayla pushed the baby stroller as she picked out outfits to try on. It has been a while since she has been shopping and she was in desperate need of some new clothes. Her clothes prior the pregnancy were all hanging on her and only a few fits perfectly. She was currently wearing a little black dress with a big bow in the front. It was one of her designs.

She was busy browsing through dresses when she felt a couple of girls giggle

She was busy browsing through dresses when she felt a couple of girls giggle. They looked a few years younger than her and one of them looked awfully familiar.

She then remembered that rueful day in Michael's office when he caught him having sex with someone, she recognised one of the girls as the culprit. The girl raised her eyes and gazed at her for a minute before whispering to her friends who also looked at her.

She couldn't make out the emotion in the friend's face. She  gave them a small smile and continued with her shopping. After shopping she decided to go to the nearest restaurant for a quick bite.

She was seated at CASA Portuguese restaurant when she heard someone talk to her.

"Hi, you are Kayla right?" She heard someone inquire and when she raised her eyes she met her.

"I am, oh sorry I forgot the name." She said sarcastically.

She had to give it to her, the girl had guts. Coming up to her as if they were long lost friend.

"I am Mimi. Look I didn't come to cause any problems I just wanna have a civil conservation with you" Mimi couldn't believe the amount of confidence that the girl had mastered. The girl was meticulously dressed in rider trousers, a black turtleneck and she had shades on. She was beautiful.

Mimi looked Kayla straight in the face and was surprised to see Kayla looking at with no hate

Mimi looked Kayla straight in the face and was surprised to see Kayla looking at with no hate. She looked as if she pitied her. Mimi admired her, Kayla was truly a beautiful elegant lady. Staring into her flawless face Mimi could understand how Michael fell in love with this lady.

"And what in this world made you think that I would wanna converse with you?" Kayla asked calmly as she placed down her menu.

"You are angry I get it......" Kayla interrupted Mimi before she could get any further.

"Oh I'm not angry, I'm perfectly peachy and I really don't wanna lose my appetite so if you could get out of my sight before I call security" Kayla didn't understand what Mimi was trying to achieve.

One thing she knew was she was no longer angry at her or even Michael. She had made peace with everything that has happened.

"Please......." Mimi pleaded.

"What is it that you want from me?"

"I know I fell in love with a married man. People are shaming me, saying I destroyed a family but nobody cares about my feeling. I'm am not a bad person I am just desperately in love." She tried to reason.

"And you think being shamed is that bad?"

"Even his mother does not acknowledge me as his woman." She whined.

"And what do you want from me? To feel sorry or you? To sympathize with you?" Kayla asked sarcastically.

"Its horrendous enough that......"

"Horrendous? Should I tell you what is horrendous? It's pouring your blood, sweat and tears into a marriage. It is fighting to stay together, despite all the squabbles, lies and the betrayals. It is clinging on with the faintest faith that it might all be worth it only to have the love of your life, your soulmate have an affair with a slut like you." She venomously snapped.

"Look I promise I would not be in this if it wasn't real love. We never thought we were gonna fall in love. Neither of us have never...."

"Oh....... go on and say it, neither of you never felt like this before. There is just too much chemistry between you right?" She mocked at her.

"I am truly sorry but hating each other is not going to help anyone" Mimi whined.

"No you are not sorry. You slept with him knowing he had a wife so you are just a tramp who seduced him. And believe me when I say this but a  time will come and he will drop you like a hot potato."

"As if you are the one to judge, it takes a slut to know the other. You are not as innocent as everyone is portraying you to be. You cheated on Michael he told me so you are just a cheap slut too"

"Finally the leopard shows its spot. I knew coming here and all those crocodile tears were fake. You and your boyfriend just have to stay away from me." Kayla smiled notoriously.

"I wonder what Michael ever saw in you in the first place."

"Missy I don't have time to do this right now. I have a kid to care for and frankly you made me lose my appetite ."

Kayla said as she stood up and picked her shopping back from the ground. She pushed the baby stroller to the car leaving Mimi fuming with anger.

Bontle was pacing up and down waiting for her friend. She had tried to stop Mimi from confronting Kayla but Mimi had been adamant. Truth was she didn't like what her friend was doing and she believed it was going to back fire on her. She saw Kayla and she looked like a lovely and friendly person and she was ashamed that her friend was causing the lady so much pain. She stopped pacing when she saw Mimi with a venomous look on her face.

"Can you believe the audacity of that woman, I was trying to be friendly and what did she do.." she huffed trying to even her breath.

"What did you really expect her to say to you Mimi? Oh hey you are the woman whom my husband cheated me on with. How are you?" Bontle asked sarcastically.

"You are not being funny. I just wanted to have a chat, its not like she is the only one who is suffering. Michael's business associates and even his mother don't want me. All they see is this woman who destroyed a man's marriage."

"I told you this would happen akere Mimi. Don't act surprised now that it is. You made your bed and now you must lie on it"

"Why do you always have to be negative?"

"I told you from the start that I don't fancy what you are doing. What happened to that lady happened to my mother and just because you are  my friend doesn't mean I will just say it's okay to do it."

Bontle was frustrated with Mimi. She  was sometimes small minded and most of the time selfish. Bontle  stormed out of  the shop and hailed a cab to take her back to campus leaving a stunned Mimi behind.