CHAPTER 52

Sibusiso's POV

When he said that he was done chasing after his mother's affection  he meant it. He had finally started connecting with his father and they were finally in a good place. His mother, a cold woman that she was never bothered to talk to him after their last confrontation. Even after the caper that she pulled, the woman remained presumptuous and never admitted to her mistakes. Sibusiso was not disconcerted though, he was used to her termagant personality. He just felt sorry for his father who was utterly and totally in love with her.

His sister came to visit him, she was in the city to attend the career counselling session in Fairgrounds. She had written her senior school exams and was looking into universities to apply to. Sibusiso loved having his sister with him, he loved even more how Kayla and his sister got quickly acquitted.

Rati was an adorable teenage girl, she loved spending time with her head buried in a book. She loved reading to Ayanna even though Sibusiso doubted that Ayanna understood a thing because Rati mostly read history books. Though Rati was shy and nerdy which was the complete opposite of him, she still was very much like him in other ways. She was beautiful, a feature running in the Ngwane family and she was humble and respectful. Unlike the children her age she wasn't interested in dating and partying. Sibusiso was thankful for that because he didn't feel like kicking any teenagers butt for dating his beloved sister.

Sibusiso quickly dismissed his flash backs and thoughts. He looked around his art gallery and his work decorating the walls. At last he had managed to buy his own art gallery. It was an authentic place and he had a great time doing it's interiors. His father have tried to offer him financial aid to buy the gallery but he politely declined. This was something that he wanted to do on his own. He had used the royalties he earned from his novels to buy the gallery. The fact was despite the trust fund his father set for him, he had money of his own. Money he earned from his novels and art.

He didn't use the money from his trust fund because he wanted to have his own identity. He wanted a to build a name for himself and he wanted to be his own person besides his family name.

The preparations for his first art exhibition had come along nicely. Kayla had helped sent the invitations for the art exhibition and she had helped him organize the whole event. She had found a catering company that he could use. It was to provide snacks and drinks for the night. She helped him hire ushers and auction masters and assistants.

Now looking at his exhibition he felt proud. The exhibition was about his drawings, paintings and sculpture. However he wanted to expand and showcase other local artist's work in his gallery as time went on. His gallery had a little studio at the back that would allow upcoming artists to paint or draw in a conducive environment. He wanted to provide a safe and secure environment for struggling artists out there to nurture their talents. A waitress passed by and he grabbed a glass of champagne.

The first of the guests were making their appearance and he went over to great them. He showed them around the gallery before letting them explore on their own.

He was impatient for Kayla to make an appearance. He had wanted to surprise her with some of his paintings that's why he didn't want her help with assembling his art. She had called to let him know that she was riding with Mekyla and she was bringing Ayanna and Rati along.

After welcoming the stream of guests that were beginning to fill the gallery, he gestured for them to enjoy. He occasionally glanced at his watch, getting impetuous for her arrival. He wanted her to arrive already, wanted to see her beautiful face as she took her first glimpse at his work. He wanted the night to be a success and he wanted her to be proud of him. He knew he might sound sappy and mushy but he didn't care, he wanted the woman he loved to look at him like he was the best thing since jumbo pie.