CHAPTER 42

Mimi' s POV

Mimi stared at her parent's place. It was a big yard with a three bedroomed house, the yard was decorated by beds of roses and a green flourishing gardening could be sported. Mimi smiled as she remembered how her mother always preferred to use her own produce than to buy vegetables and fruits from the shops. Few orange trees, a mango tree, guava and banana tree aligned the fence.

Her parents were commercial farmers and even though they didn't have much they made sure that she and her siblings were well taken care of. In their house she shared a room with her older sister while her younger brother occupied another room.

Mimi entered the yard and was greeted by her father's German shepherds. Bobby and Spoke were here father's dogs, he bought them as puppies when Mimi was at Senior school. The dogs ran to her and happily licked her face, she returned the affection by happily raffled their furs.

"There is my baby girl." The booming voice said in front of her.

She was startled by the voice because her solemnly focuse was on the dogs and she lost track of her surrounding. She smiled at the man who stood in front of her. He was a large built man in his early fifties, his hair was graying giving him a distinguished look. Mimi went to embrace her father and she was rejoiced in his warm strong hug.

"Hello Papa. I missed you." She mumbled emotionally, leaning more into her father's confronting hug.

Her father's boisterous laugh filled the air, she found herself smiling at the melodious sound. Her father pulled back, held her at arms length and gave her a cheerful smile.

"This old man missed you too Melokuhle." He joked.

Mimi smiled at the name, only her father called her by that name. It was her birth name but everyone knew her as Mimi. According to her father the name Melokuhle means "the one who brings good things". Her father believed that she was a gift sent to bring them greater things in life. Now looking at the mistakes she had made she was ashamed by even her name. She did it no justice.

"I thought I heard a familiar voice. A papa's girl as always. One would say that you father is the one who gave birth to you and breastfed you. "Her mother teased as she exited the house.

Ma' Mokwena said coming towards them. Even at an older age, one could see that her mother was a beautiful woman in her earlier years.

"Mama......" Mimi threw her arms around her mother and embraced her. Her mother smelled like vanilla and cinnamon, a smell she had known since she was young.

"Oh my child. I have missed you so much. Look how grown up you are now." Her mother cooed as she looked her over. Mimi knew her mother would sooner or later complain that she had lost weight.

"I missed you too Mama. I missed everyone, where is Gaone and Kagiso?" Mimi asked as her parents led her inside the house. Her father took her bags to the room she shared with her sister. She sat down with her mother.

"You sister found a job at Ackermans ngwanaka so you will see her when she knocks off. As for your brother he had to go for study. He is writing form three exam in a month's time so he has to be prepared."

"Well that's good. I'm glad everyone is okay."

Mimi spent the day listening to her parents filling her in on what happened while she was away. Her father talked about the cattle post, which cow gave birth, what happened with the goats and all that. Her mother on the other hand filled her in on what her sister and brother were up to. She found her cheeks hurting at how much she smiled at the stories her parents were telling.