CHAPTER 44

Kayla's POV

Michael was coming to pick up Ayanna anytime soon. Ayanna was going to stay with him from Thursday till Sunday. Kayla was making sure that the overnight bag had everything that Ayanna would need. After Michael picks up Ayanna she was spending the night at Sibusiso's house.

Sibusiso had told her that they would be leaving Friday during noon to go to his family resort. Sibusiso told her that they would be travelling by air, it was gonna be a two hours flight. They would have time to prepare for the party since it started late evening. They were also to spend the whole weekend there. Kayla was anxious about meeting his parents. Her trail of thoughts was disrupted by a  knock. She went down to open the door for Michael.

"Hey, she is ready to go. Let me just go take her bag from upstairs." She heard a distant hello while she hurried upstairs.

She rushed up to Ayanna's room and picked the over night bag. She slung it around her shoulder and picked Ayanna up.

"Thanks Kay, for allowing me to have her." He said gracefully.

"She is your daughter too, you deserve to spend time with her too."

"It's good to see you this happy Kay. You are practically glowing." He looked genuinely happy for her.

Kayla blushed at the compliment. She was happy, Sibusiso made her happy.

"I'm glad that you found someone who can make you happy. I know I have caused you a lot of misery lately. I'm sure you are tired of me saying sorry but this time I mean it. I'm sorry Kay and I hope that someday you will forgive me." He said, catching her by surprise. She was perplexed that all of a sudden he was changing his attitude. The last few weeks he had been adamant on fixing things between them.

"I forgive you Mike. I'm tired of feeling angry, I want peace, happiness, love and I think I too deserve that." She smiled softly to him, showing him that she was letting go of all the anger and misery.

"You deserve it all Kay. I'm sorry I couldn't bring you happiness and thank you for forgiving me." He sounded remorseful.

"You once bought me happiness Mike. I don't regret the years we were married because they were special to me. I know hiw things ended was messed up and painful but we still got something precious from it all. We have a beautiful baby girl." She reassured him. She was sure that even though he was the one who messed up things between them, he had also suffering.

"Be happy Kayla I will always love you." He pulled her into a hug.

"I will always love you too Mike." She held onto him. This was their final goodbye, saying farewell to the love they once had for each other. She kissed him lightly on the cheek and passed Ayanna to him. She was glad that Michael was finally letting her go. They both needed a fresh start. Kayla gave her daughter a kiss and promised to Skype every night.  Michael gave her a boyish smile and left with Ayanna who was snuggled against his chest.

Kayla went back to packing a bag for the weekend. She arrived at Sibusiso's place with her bags. She bought a couple of outfits, she wanted to be prepared for anything that his family will throw at her.

"Baby...." She called out when she entered the house but there was no sign of him. She went to his bedroom and placed her bags on his bed.

She called his phone and he said that he would be home in an hour. She decided to busy herself with preparing dinner for them. After an hour he still hasn't arrived, she went to take a shower. Whilst showering an idea came to her, she smiled mischievously at her thoughts.

She put her plan into action, went to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of chardonnay. Dawn was breaking, the sun was transformed into a red ball, casting golden and crimson rays all around. She went to the balcony to enjoy the view while sipping her drink.