CHAPTER 14

Kayla's POV

The days that followed she devoted her time to Ayanna and whenever  Ayanna was asleep,  she worked on her designs. She had filled her grandmother and uncle on the divorce. Uncle Spencer believed that the divorce was a blessing in disguise for her. He believed that she would find happiness with another man who will love her the way she deserved to be loved. Ma'Agnes had a different opinion, because she was old fashioned. She didn't believe divorce was the right thing to do but she respected Kayla's decision.

Gideon managed to courier the divorce paper. She had talked to him about what she demanded from the marriage. When he asked her to contest for more property Kayla announced her lack of interest. When she sent the paper back for finalising she also sent back her wedding ring.

 When she sent the paper back for finalising she also sent back her wedding ring

A  month later the divorce was finalised

A  month later the divorce was finalised.  She was just happy that she didn't have to share her company with Michael. The company and Ayanna were her fresh start and her future.

She was busy reading to Ayanna one morning when she got a call from her assistant.

" Mrs Modise I'm sorry to call you at this time but you had a very important call." Valery's voice was way too chippy.

"I'm no longer Mrs Modise, call me Kayla or Miss King. Anyway who called me?" She corrected politely.

"A boutique in Johannesburg saw your designs and they were interested in some form of partnership. They havesome high profile customers and I believe that this could bring more business for the company." She gashed once again.

" That sounds amazing. I would like you to send me their number and I will contact them. Thank you for the update Valery."

Valery sent her the details and she learnt that the boutique that called her was named Vola boutiques. She learned that it specialised in selling high quality wedding dresses, evening dresses and special ocassion dresses. It was the kind of company that she would like to do business with.

She called the number that Valery gave her and the CEO of the company was very ecstatic to hear from her. She talked to the CEO, Mrs De Pont for sometime and she wanted to meet her  to talk business. They agreed to meet in the upcoming two weeks which gave Kayla the time to make finishing touches to her designs.

Her team had managed to finish the dresses ordered by Diva's Flawless Boutique so they had time to work on some designs that she sent them. That evening Kayla told her grandmother that she had to go back to the city. Though her grandmother was sad, she also knew that Kayla had a life in the city.

The week that followed she made arrangements to move back to the city. It was painfully sad for her  to leave her grandmother and uncle. She promised to visit whenever she could and they also promised to visit her when they made time. She had managed to design and make ten dresses since she got to the village and she was very impressed with herself. The dresses were meant to be a surprise to her staff.

After all the necessary arrangments were made she embarked on a journey back to the city. As her car rolled away from her home village she stared at her daughter and smiled. She knew that as long as they had each other they will be okay.

"We are gonna be fine my angel." She reassured herself. Ayanna giggled as if she could understand what her mother was saying.