CHAPTER 34

Bontle and Mimi's POV

Two weeks later the invigilator announced that their two hours had elapsed. Bontle closed her exam paper and shared a private smile with Mimi. They have studied so hard for their exams and Bontle was happy that Mimi finally had no distraction and was able to prepare thoroughly for her exams.

They were asked to pass the papers to the person in front of them. After the exam papers were collected they were allowed to leave the Indoor Sports arena.

This was their last paper which was Industrial and Comercial Law. For the past two hours they had sat down and  tackled the paper with everything in them. As Bontle walked outside the exam room Mimi ran to catch up with her.

"Well that was the hardest paper I have ever written." Mimi said densely as she joined hands with her friend.

"Tell me about it. But that's what usually happens with last exams. The stress, anxiety and exhaustion have finally caught up with you." Bontle responded, trying to ease her friend's concern.

"I know babes. All I want to do now is sleep for twelve hours straight." She said dreamily. Bontle laughed at her friend, she actually thought Mimi was going to say all she wanted to do was get wasted. Not that it was a bad idea they had a hectic week.

"The stress is not over though. Now we have to look for jobs." They sighed at the raised problem.

"I forgot that normal people stress about jobs." Mira said behind them.

Bontle nearly jumped out of her skin at the sudden intrusive voice. She was creeped out at how Mira always found a way to creep people out.

"Says a spoilt rich brat from the suburbs. I'm sure daddy has a job lined up for you already." Mimi fired sarcastically at Mira who was now joined by her twin Kira.

"Actually daddy doesn't want us to work. He would be comfortable if we just remain bratty with no worry in the world " Kira answered back with a wink. She shared a secret smile with her sister.

"Then I wonder why you bother with school." Bontle mumbled, giving them a sharp stare.

"Because I get the most pleasure from seeing y'all sweat trying to ace the exams. Some of us were blessed with natural gigantic brains." Mira responded cheerfully with an overly sweet smile.

Bontle didn't understand the person that Mira was one bit. She was actually the smartest person in their class, she aced every single thing from quizzes to exams. She didn't have to work hard because she was just gifted with an exquisite mind. She did school work for both her and her sister.

Mira was unlike her forward sister, she was a creepy person who looked like she got pleasure from seeing people suffer. Despite all her creepiness she was also sweet when she wanted to. She was her sister's protector.

"Look guys today is not a good day to get into an argument with you. Some of us are very tired from all the sleepless nights so please can we stop this here." Bontle said.

"If I was a sympathetic human being with actual feelings I could feel sorry for you but I don't." Mira responded with a certain seriousness that made Bontle think that indeed Mira was not a normal human.

"That's my sister ladies and gentlemen, she is as cold as the Atlantic." Kira said proudly.

"Okay. Goodbye guys." Bontle decided to end the conversation.

Bontle and Mimi shared a look as the twins shashayed their way towards  the parking lot. She and Bontle walked towards the hostels talking about job hunting. Mimi was telling Bontle about the waitressing job that she secured at Black restaurant.