CHAPTER 54

Sibusiso's POV

It was the last day of their vacation and he had booked the private dining room in the lodge. The room had a terrace that overlooked the Chobe river. Sibusiso sat opposite Kayla who was looking stunning in golden silky off shoulder dress. The candle lights illuminating the terrace, making her glow in the dusky room. The scene from the terrace was completely tranquil.

Sibusiso looked at Kayla from across the table. He checked the jewellery box in his trouser pocket and fidgerted it. The box was burning a hole in his pocket. He was desperate to get it out but he was still waiting for the perfect moment.

He thought back to the conversation he had with her uncle and grandma. He had called to ask for permission to marry her. Her uncle had threatened to castrate him if he hurt her and her grandma had made him promise to treat her like a princess. He was given the blessing to propose and now that he was about to do it he was a nervous wreck.

His father also knew his intentions and he was happy for him. Today the old man had decided to babysit Ayanna for them so that Sibusiso could take Kayla out on a romantic dinner. It was surprising to Sibusiso to see his father so smitten by Ayanna. The little girl had the old man wrapped around her little fingers.

He took a big gulp of his drink before taking her hands into his. He placed soft kisses on her knuckles and she chuckled lightly. He felt like a school boy about to ask his crush out on an ice cream date.

"Kayla when I first saw you in that green ball gown I knew I had to have you. I feel in love with your smart brain, your crazy love for fashion, your love for your family and your wittiness. I fell in love with your beauty and your body. I fell in love with every thing about you." He was glaring intensely into her eyes.

Her breath caught in her throat at the emotions displayed in his face. He had never been this vulnerable around her. She tried to say something but she was speechless.

While she was still collecting her thoughts he stood up and helped her up too. He kneeled down in front of her and removed the box from his pocket. He smiled at how her eyes enlarged and looked like they would pop out of their sockets.

"There is nothing in this world that can measure how much I love you. I love you more than days and nights combined. I love you deeper than the oceans, taller than the mountains that touch the blue skies, further than the stars above. My love for you is wider than this universe. I want nothing more than to be worthy of being called your husband. So Kayla King would you do me the honour of being my wife, my partner, the mother of my children? Would you honour me and carry my name?"

Kayla felt the tears stream down her face, it was the perfect proposal.  He was the perfect man and he would make a perfect husband. She nodded, unable to say anything. She held her head in her hands as she fully cried.

Sibusiso pulled her into his chest and hugged her, he held her as she cried. Her tears soaking his shirt but he didn't care. When she finished crying she gave him her hand and let him slid the ring on her finger.

"I would be honoured to be Mrs Sibusiso Ngwane. I love you so much." She whispered.

Sibusiso crashes his lips against hers, his lips hungrily drinking into her soft plump once. He heard her moan into the kiss and he hummed low. He picked her up and kissed her all the way to the room. Tonight he was going to make love to her as his fiancee. He laid her gently and admired her body. Her eyes were puffy from crying and her lips red from his kisses. Even in that state he found her the most beautiful woman in the planet.

He leaning forward and pressing a brief kiss on her lips and then down her neck. In that progression, she lost all her thoughts  as he shifted against her, his skin sliding against hers. His lips travelled lower her hand reached up to grasp his hair in her clenched fist. The ache in between her legs strengthened.