CHAPTER 24

Michael's POV

Michael arrived at his suite at Avani. After the visit from Kayla's office, he took a long drive and he had found himself at one of their favourite spot. It was a small simple pizza hut that Kayla had introduced him to. He never knew how much he missed her until He was in that place. Even though he was still pissed at him, he admitted to himself that He had never loved a woman as much as He loved her.

He wanted to be alone with his thoughts in his suite. What he didn't expect was to find a solemn looking Mimi waiting for him.

" We need to talk Michael." She said the moment she entered the suite. It was as if she had anticipated his arrival. Michael on the other hand was surprised to find her since she had said she would spent some few day at campus.

" Not now Mimi I'm not in the mood" He pressed a kiss on her cheek and went to pour himself whiskey.

" What's the matter with you Michael? We both know that we have to talk, things can't go on like this between us." She lashed out. She was tired of being looked right through. She felt like Michael didn't care about her anymore.

"I had a long day okay, whatever it is you wanna talk about we will discuss it tomorrow. " Michael responded as he felt a headache threaten him. He was not up for a fight.

"No Michael." Mimi said sternly as she went to stand before him.

"Mimi I just learned that my ex wife lied to me about a hell lot of things. She never cheated on me and she only said she did because she wanted to hurt me. Now I have a daughter whom I have never met." He said frustratingly, taking a gulp of his whiskey and went to refill the glass.

"Why does everything have to be about Kayla with you Michael? I am here and she is not. I wish you could look at me and see me. I feel invisible in your eyes nowadays Michael. Why can't for once everything be about me with you? " She asked as tears sting her eyes. She hated feeling the way she did.

" Didn't you hear what I said, I divorced my wife because I thought she cheated on me. I did some things I am not proud of because I believed my wife was unfaithful. How do you expect me to think about you at a time like this?"

"Now I get why you are so angry. You wish you didn't divorce her. What am I to you Michael?" Her voice broke as sobs threatened to escape her mouth. She pursed her mouth to prevent it from trembling.

"Mimi...."

" No you are divorced Michael so get that through your thick skull. You cheated on your wife, you divorced her and you took everything away from her. Stop with the self pity and the pathetic act." She snapped at him. She was tired of him acting like a victim.

"Don't you dare say that to me. You are the one who influenced me to take everything away from her. Now my wife is never gonna give us another chance."

"Well tough because she is no longer your wife. You know what,  I'm done. All I do in this situationship is give and give but I never get anything in return. You give me money, sex and gifts but you can't give me what I desperately need. I need your love Michael." By now tears were freely flowing from her eyes.

"Mimi you knew from the start that I was married." He felt sorry for her. He liked her as a person but he had never been in love with her.

"Of course I knew. But then you got divorced and I finally thought I stood a chance. I am nothing but a good fuck to you."  She threw a cushion at him which he dodged.

"I care about you Mimi." He was not lying. She was a nice girl and he cared about her. It was sad that she was not the girl for him.

"I don't want you to care, I want you, I need you to love me. Why can't you give your heart to me?"

"I'm sorry Mimi......"

"I think I'm done here. I would like to leave with the little dignity that I have intact."

"Babe...."

"I will get my bags packed. Please if  you could give me some space to pack my things, I will leave the keys at the reception." Her heart was breaking.

Michael took a look at her and he felt sorry for leading her on. For using her when he was aware that nothing could ever come out of their situationship. He decided to go to his house at Phakalane.

The moment the door closed behind him Mimi fell into heaps of sobs. She had invested so much into their relationship but he had admitted to never loving her. She threw her belongings into her back, fixed her make up and hailed a cab to campus.

When she arrived their room was empty. She wondered where Bontle was since it was Wednesday. They didn't have lesson on Wednesday and Fridays. She knew Bontle always used that time to work from the room.

It felt like a long time ago since she has been in their room. She felt guilty for abandoning her best friend for a man. Since she started dating Michael she never spent much time with Mimi. She felt her heart break when she thought of Michael. Tears fell from her eyes and she cried. She tried to call Bontle but her phone was off.