CHAPTER 51

Michael's POV

He had spent Christmas with his mother and her family in Mahalapye. The last 8 years of his life he was used to spending Christmas with Kayla. Either with her family or with his family. This was the first Christmas after 8 years spending it without Kayla. Christmas was a sad event for him because his mother spent most of the holiday moaning about how he failed as a married man. She had wanted Ayanna to spend Christmas with them and when he tried to make her see reason she had snapped.

Michael knew that he had failed and he didn't need a reminder. The only time he was happy during the holidays was when he skyped Ayanna. Though he couldn't make up what she was saying because it all sounded gibberish, he was happy to see her beautiful face.

To avoid his mother's constant nagging, Michael decided to spend the new year holidays at his father's family. At least there he had his cousins who managed to make the holidays entertaining for him. His cousins took him clubbing, parting and to every social events happening in the area. He had felt relaxed and he had most fun that he had in the last months of his life.

Now that he was back in Gaborone he couldn't wait to see Ayanna and to hold her tiny body in his hands. He had called Kayla who informed him that they arrived the previous day.

Michael was happy that the festive season had passed and a new year was upon him. His new year resolution were to expand his father's company and to be the best dad to Ayanna. He needed investors in order to expand his father's legacy and he was making a list of possible investors to approach.

He was still immersed in work when his personal assistant announced that he had a visitor. Michael didn't recall anyone asking to meet him today, he was about to decline the visit when a well dressed elderly woman walked into his office. She was walking with a graceful poise and Michael knew that whoever she was, was from money. The way she was dressed, the diamonds decorating her delicate fingers and neck gave her status away.

"Good morning, how may I help you?" He greeted, standing from his seat and offering a hand for a handshake.

"Good morning Mr Modise. I think the question is how can I help you?" The woman said proudly, she took a seat opposite him and sat elegantly with her legs crossed.

"I'm not following, may I ask who the lady is?" Michael asked confused. Why would this stranger want to help him and what kind of help was she offering, those kind of questions crossed his mind.

"My name is Anessa Ngwane, Sibusiso's mother. I'm sure you know my son, she is currently dating your ex-wife." The bitterness sipped from the lady's mouth as she emphasised on his ex-wife.

"Okay Mrs Ngwane, how may I help you? I have back to back meetings today so if we can make this quick." Michael was getting impatient, he had no business with Sibusiso's mother.

"I know you are looking for investors, I can convince my husband to invest in your company. If you don't know my husband is a very rich man. He owns a chain of hotels in the Ngami district and surrounding areas. He also owns a couple of private hospitals. What I need in return is a very small favour." The woman was proud, he realised. The way she was bragging about her husband's money made Michael want to snort.

"What might that be?" He asked interestingly.

"I need you to get back with your ex-wife. I don't want her dating my son."

Michael couldn't help the laughter that escaped his mouth. The woman was staring blankly at him as he laughed.

"Isn't that a little cliche? A mother paying the ex-husband to break up her son and his girlfriend. Are we doing a rerun of some Korean drama?" He sarcastically responded.