CHAPTER 49

Mira's POV

It's been a while since her kiss with Bontle. She had ran away like a coward, refusing to deal with her emotions. She knew that she was attracted to Bontle and truth was she had never been attracted to anyone. She knew Bontle's reputation, she was a player and she was never in a committed relationship. Mira didn't know if she wanted a relationship with Bontle or what. She had tried to reach out to Bontle in more than one occasion but she always got cold feet. Bontle never called her because she didn't have her number and there was no way she would come to her father's house.

She was currently in her room, playing music through her earphones when her sister invaded her peace. She knew that when girls found themselves attracted to someone they usually listened to love songs but the though of listening to the nauseating music about love and hearts made her want to stab her eyes out. So she was listening to deep house by black coffee. The earphones were snatched from her ears forcefully, causing them to bit on her ear lobes. She cried out at the slight pain.

"What the hell K?" Yelping, she threw a pillow at her sister.

"You have been cooped up in your room for a week now. Mom and dad are worried about you and I'm also worried. What is going on Mira?" Kira asked as she dropped on her bed with a heap.

Mira looked at her sister, visualising how Kira would respond if she told her what was going on. She simply shrug her shoulders, making it look like nothing was going on but Kira wasn't having none of that. Kira watched her with a scrutinizing gaze.

"You gonna tell me what is going on right now or I'm gonna have dad drag your ass to therapy. You have been moody and gloomy for a while now. I'm beginning to think maybe you are depressed." Kira demanded.

Mira understood why her sister was threatening her with therapy. When they were young, her parents had been concerned about her lack of emotional display. Her parents never knew when she was sad or angry or happy. To them she always wore an expressionless bored expression. Her parents believed that talking to someone could help her get in touch with her emotions.

She was dragged to therapy where a therapist tried to have her talk about her feelings.  Mira have hated it, she hated having someone try to psychoanalyse her. She hated the questions she was asked. After that one session she had threatened to run away if they ever took her back and  since then she had been scared of therapy.

"Okay fine I will tell you." Mira gave her sister a hesitant look before she confessed her secret.

"Well a few days back I kissed a girl and it was not just any other girl, it was Bontle. I am gay."

Mira saw her sister open her mouth to talk and close it before she opened it again. No sound left Kira's mouth, once in their life Kira was speechless. Mira waited anxiously for her sister to say something but Kira looked like she had zoomed out.

"Kira....." Mira shouted, snapping her sister out of the trance she was in.

"Oh okay. Ummm........okay. So you kissed a girl. I mean you kissed Bontle.." Kira rambled, trying to make sense of what she heard.

"I just said that Kira. I want you to say something. Tell me how you feel about what I said."

"You, my emotionally dysfunction  sister have shocked me. I mean I always thought it was weird that you never dated. I thought maybe you were saving yourself or something. And then again I thought maybe it had something to do with how you are never emotionally connected to anyone but now I understand why that was. Mira you should be the one telling me how you feel about your revelation not the other way around. I am your twin sister and I will always support you in everything that you do. Now tell me how you feel. Are you anxious, happy or are you sad?" Kira said offering her sister a supportive smile.