CHAPTER 46

Kayla's POV

Kayla woke up feeling refreshed, she reached over bit Sibusiso was not next to her. She didn't know the resort well so she decided to take a tour around. It was past four and the party started at seven which meant she still had time. She walked around and saw a few guests entering their rooms. She went downstairs and took a turn left, she heard voices from what she assumed was the dinning room. It was a big room with two long tables and the room was blistering with lights from the fancy chandeliers.

"What in the world possessed you to bring that girl over?" Kayla heard Sibusiso's mother ask sharply. She then heard Sibusiso's response.

"Mother the sooner you accept Kayla as my woman the better. Kayla means so much to me and I'm not going to let you ruin things for me." Sibusiso responded harshly.

"Don't talk to your mother like that." His father reprimanded.

Kayla decided to make an entrance and defuse the situation. She cleared her throat and everyone turned to look at her. She offered a shipish smile and went over to Sibusiso. He pulled her in a hug and introduced her to his sister. Rati was an eighteen years old teenager who looked like her mother. She smiled shyly at Kayla and hugged her strongly before rushing out.

She saw the looks that Sibusiso's mother was throwing at her but she decided to ignore them. Sibusiso offered her a drink which she declined politely.

"So Kayla what do you do?" Ngubane, Sibusiso's father asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"I own a fashion design company. I don't think you ever heard of it but it's name is Aglaea designs and couture." Kayla rumbled.

"I think I heard about it. Love didn't you say that you wanted to go to the launch of the company? Only we couldn't go cause we have to leave the country shortly." Ngubane turned and looked at his wife with questioning eyes. Kayla could see that Anessa was surprised, she must have not expected her to be a successful business woman . Maybe the woman thought she was a good digger, Kayla thought to herself.

"I don't think so honey." Anessa denied but Kayla and everyone could see that she was lying. Sibusiso couldn't hold his laughter and he was rewarded by a stern look from his mother. 

"You made a nice establishment for yourself Kayla. It's nice to see young people who have the love for bussiness. I heard that you built your business from scratch, that is impressive and  you gave your company a unique name." Kayla couldn't help but beam at Ngubane's compliments.

"It's a name from her favourite Greek mythology. Aglaea was one of Zeus's daughters." Sibusiso pointed out.

"A business woman with great taste in books. You chose well for yourself son." Ngubane went on with the compliments. Kayla heard Anessa snickering on the side but she didn't want her to ruin her moment.

"Thank you Mr Ngwane. Though I'm not quite established as you are I'm happy with my achievements. Maybe one of the days I will be expanding my horizons."

"Now that is what I want to hear. It's nice to talk to someone with the same love for business as I. You will make a good daughter in law in my family."

Kayla nearly choked on her own saliva. She and Sibusiso never talk about marriage or have they ever talked about love. She threw Sibusiso a panicked look but he was simply smiling at her. She saw that Anessa was tensed up with her husband's statement.

"Father please don't scare my girlfriend. We haven't been dating for long to even talk about marriage. Kayla is still sceptical about that commitment after her divorce."

"She is divorced? Sibusiso tell me you are not considering marrying this girl."

"Mother please. I don't care if Kayla is divorced or the fact that she has a child. I love Kayla and I'm going to marry her, I don't care how long it takes but I will make her my wife. Now if you will excuse us as we go get ready for the party."