CHAPTER 17

Mimi's POV

She decided not to go to campus, to gibe Bontle some space so she could calm down. One thing Mimi knew was that Bontle was a sensitive and sweet person. She knew that she was still hurting from her parent's separation and she was ashamed to reopen her wounds.

Mimi went to Michael's suite and she  didn't know how she was gonna tell him that Kayla was back in the city. She suspected that he was still in love with his ex wife and that's what scared her. She just fervently hoped that Michael wouldn't go back running to his ex-wife. Lately they had been distant. Besides the sex she realized how little they had in common.

The passion between them was not as powerful as the first time they met. They were currently eating breakfast and he was engrossed in his phone.

"Michael..." She called for his attention. He didn't even raise his head to acknowledge her, rather he continued to furiously type at his phone.

"Mimi I have to respond to this email urgently, whatever you have to say has to wait." He said impatiently.

He didn't meant to brush her off but he had some pending emails that had to be responded to before business hours.

"What do I have to do to get your attention? There is something I have to tell you" she snapped frustratingly.

Lately she felt that Michael looked right through her. Sometimes even when she tried to entice him with a sexy lingerie he would claim to be busy. There was once a point when Michael never had the ability to resist her no matter now busy he might have been.

The past couple of weeks he claimed that the shareholders were a little skeptical about him after the news of his divorce and affair broke. She couldn't help but think that maybe he was blaming her. He claimed that he was working extra hours to gain back the shareholders trust. She could literally feel him slipping through her grip.

"Can't it wait?" He asked impatiently without taking his eyes off his phone. She took a deep breath and a few bites of her breakfast.

"Kayla is back" she said after an unpleasant silence.

His fingers automatically stopped typing on his phone and once again the room was painfully silent. She held her breath waiting for what he would say. Her anxiety was escalating with every passing second.

"Since when?" He asked. His voice not betraying any emotions.

"I saw her around noon today when I went shopping with Bontle." She risked a glance towards his face but his face was bare of any emotions.

"Okay" He said getting back to whatever had his attention on the phone.

"Okay ? Is that all you gonna say?" Mimi enquired. She wanted him to show emotions, whether it was anger, frustration, betrayal or anything.

"What do you want me to say Mimi?" He asked losing any interest he had on the conversation.

"Something, anything. We are talking about your ex-wife here, who you haven't seen in months."  Mimi was frustrated with him.

"Exactly Mimi she is my ex-wife. I don't have to know about her whereabouts or what she is up to. I have to get to the office." Michael stood  and retrived his briefcase from the floor. He didn't even kiss her goodbye. This was what frustrated Mimi more.

Kayla' s POV

The following morning Kayla prepared for work. She had called a staff meeting in order to get the update of what they have been doing in her absence. She knew it was impractical but she took Ayanna to the office with her. The baby sitting agent she called told her that they would be able to send someone over the following day. She had no choice but to improvise. She settled on wearing a simple short jean dress while her daughter was wearing a simple blue cotton dungaree. One thing she loved about her job was that it didn't entirely require her to wear anything formal.