chapter two.

Cassandra POV

Two weeks have passed since I got my Hogwarts letter and I'm thinking about if I want to even go. I get out of bed and my stomach growls instantly; I've only been eating apples this past week. I throw on a gray tee shirt and black leggings then jog downstairs to make breakfast before anyone bitches at me.
As I finish putting the breakfast on display at the table Harry walks in.

"Getting it over with aren't you" he chuckles lightly.

I nod my head and smile.

"Why should I go? What if it's not for me?" I ask him.

"What, Hogwarts? Would you rather attend the muggle schools here? You'll probably get made fun of for your accent here, you have magic to defend you at Hogwarts" he replies.

"I guess you're right but what are muggles?" I ask.

"Witches and wizards refers to pure humans as muggles" he replies.

Who knows this might be fun..

~~~~~
End of the Day
~~~~~

I begin changing into pajamas for bed until there's a rapid knocking at my door. I open it and there stands Harry in panic.

"Pack all your stuff, it's time" he says with a smile.

I'm assuming he meant it's time to go to Hogwarts...I grab a bag out of my closet and stuffing the most stuff I can in there. I walk downstairs and everyone besides Harry and I are distracted by the living room TV. Harry takes me outside, pulling me by the hand. We wait there for a minute and a tall elderly man with a long white beard magically appears before us.

"Nice seeing you Harry; and is this Cassandra Potter?" he asks me.

"Uh-uhm yes" I say in awe.

"I'm Professor Dumbledore. We've been waiting for you ever since you were supposed to be in the first year" he chuckles.

Everyone is just at an awkward silence.

"Well come on now, she has to get assigned by the sorting hat" Dumbledore says, hooking his arms by his side.

Harry grabbed onto his arm so I copied him and all of a sudden so many things were flashing past me so quickly and I felt like I was spinning at 600 miles per hour. Finally everything felt stable except my stomach. I puke on the ground below me and fall on my ass. Harry laughs lightly at me.

"What the hell was that?!" I panic, spitting on the ground.

"I didn't even puke my first time Cass" Harry chuckles.

I playfully hit his arm then follow him and Dumbledore inside. This school was literally a castle; the rooms were huge and the decoration and architecture was beautiful yet ancient. We walk into a room that looked like a dining hall which was filled with teenagers. My anxiety is at it's highest seeing all these unfamiliar faces and being alone. Harry sits down at a table and I'm told to walk up to the crowd at the front. I see all these younger kids getting 'sorted' into their 'houses' which I feel like I can relate to frat houses.

"Cassandra Potter" the sorting hat scowls.

All heads turned to me followed by some gasps. Profesor McGonagall tells me to sit in the seat on the stage. She places the sorting hat on my head and uncertainty fills me.

"A year four needing to be sorted into a house?! Isn't that interesting..you were supposed to be here four years ago Potter...hmm you're not considering ANY houses??" the sorting house says.

"I don't know..I-" I say then going silent.

"Oh god her accent" a boy with platinum blonde hair laughs.

I look down, avoiding eye contact.

"An American eh? I'm unsure where to put you" the sorting hat says quietly.

"I would like to say Slytherin except there's something more to you.....Gryffindor!!" the sorting hat yells.

Everyone at the table that Harry is sitting at cheers and claps for me. Harry waves me over to a seat next to him and I quickly sit down.

"How come you're a year 3 and you just got here??" a boy with ginger hair asks me.

"Ron you could at least introduce yourself first..Hello, I'm Hermione; this is Ron, he's a knob don't mind him" she chuckles.

"Hey that's rude" he responds.

"I don't even know why I'm here really. I just moved from America this summer and I was only told that my mom was a wizard" I respond to Ron.

"Well it's obvious you're American; your accent is really neat" Ron responds.

"Thanks?" I chuckle.

After the meeting we're sent off to our rooms. I'm sharing a room with Hermione surprisingly, even though we're in different years. I don't even bother unpacking my things, I just go straight to sleep because today was too overwhelming. How am I going to fit in? How will this all work out?