chapter thirty-four.

~~~
8 days later
~~~

Draco's POV

All I've been thinking and worrying about is Cassandra. I've spent the majority of my free time talking to her unconscious body when nobody else was in the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey says she will probably wake up in the next couple days but she's been saying that for a bit now. After finishing all my classes it's finally the weekend. I begin walking to my dorm in the empty hallway and hear a soft voice.

"She lives in a fairy tale...somewhere too far for us to find" a heavenly voice sings.

I look around and no ones in sight so I decide to ignore it. I walk up the stairs to my dorm and hear it again.

"So one day he found her crying, coiled up on the dirty ground..."

It was Cassandra.

"Cassandra?!" I yell out.

There's no response, resulting in hot chills sending down my body. I quickly run up to my dorm and run to the bathroom, taking off my robes.

"Her prince finally came to save her, and the rest she can figure out. But it was a trick and the clock struck 12...well make sure to build your home brick by boring brick" her voice sings quietly, filling my head.

I look into my mirror and there's her silhouette in my shower. I turn around sharply and she's disappeared. I'm going fucking mental...I stare in the mirror and there she is behind me, smiling.

"FUCK!" I scream, slamming my fists into my mirror.

My mirror shatters as glass shards fall in my sink and onto the floor.

"COME BACK!!" I sob.

Her beautiful voice fades, leaving me with deafening silence. I dry the blood off of my hands and wrap my knuckles up. I change into sweatpants and a shirt then leave off to go to The Leaky Cauldron. As I'm walking past the hospital wing I hear a lot of chatter inside. I peak my head in and see a few people surrounding Cassandra's bed. Hermione turns around to me and motions for me to come over. I barge in and rush to her bed to see her awake. Tears fill my eyes as a smile creeps across my face. I hug her cautiously, scared to hurt her and she hugs me back even tighter.

"Um- are you okay? Does anything hurt?" I ask her.

"Not really..I can't say much since I haven't stood up yet" she responds with a half smile.

I hold her hand and crouch down next to her, staring deep into her eyes.

"I'm never going to let you go like that ever again...I'm here for you always" I say, tearing up.

She smiles at me and squeezes my hand tight.

"What happened to your hand?" she asks me, examining my bloody bandages.

"Nothing important, the point is you're awake and safe" I respond.

"Blimey, I've never seen you this soft Draco" Fred says.

"Piss off" I mumble resulting in Cassandra smiling.

She slowly starts to sit up then immediately shrieks. I grab her and hold her.

"When did you wake up?" I ask her.

She looks up at Hermione for an answer.

"Seconds before you walked in" Hermione chuckles.

She moves her body up so she's sitting on the edge of the cot. I pick her up bridal style and she gasps surprised.

"Where to?" I ask her.

"Can I have a chat with you in your dorm?" she asks me.

I look at the the Weasleys and Hermione and they all have a nasty face.

"I-I'll be fine" Cassandra reassured them with a faint smile.

"Bring her back tonight" Hermione says, staring me down.

I nod my head then make my way to the Slytherin common room with her in my arms.