chapter thirty-two.

Cassandra's POV

I wake up in what seems like the hospital wing and look to my left to see Fred and Hermione sitting next to me.

"You're awake finally!" Hermione says.

"I can hear finally" I chuckle.

"I must've done something wrong with the potion, I'm really sorry" she says.

"You're fine, it's my fault for being too nosy I guess" I respond.

"So let me get this straight, you drank a mind reading potion to see if George was upset about you?" Fred asks me.

"Yep.." I respond.

"You could've just asked me to talk to him silly..so since George is off the table and we're identical, you'd possibly fancy me as well right?" Fred jokes.

"Piss off" I laugh, slapping his arm.

"You may walk back to your common room now Ms. Potter" the nurse says.

I get up, still a little dizzy but manage to walk back with Fred and Hermione.

"Basically everyone's thoughts were like screaming at me; it hurt so much" I say.

"I bet" Fred responds.

I get back to the common room with the both of them and we all just stand there awkwardly.

"Well I'm off to um..study with Ron" Hermione says.

"Alright..study" I laugh.

She sticks her tongue out at me and walks up towards the boys' dorms.

"I'll try to get more of a look into how George is doing" Fred says, walking up to his dorm.

I sit alone in the common room and think about everything that Draco said..or thought. I need to go see him tonight. I run up to my dorm and quickly change into a sweatshirt and leggings. I manage to sneak out to the hallway and make my way to the Slytherin common room. I sneak up to Draco's dorm and quietly knock. After a minute a sleepy Draco opens the door.

"Bloody hell um...what're you doing here?" he asks me.

"What happened last break?" I ask him.

He pokes his head out into the hallway and scans it, making sure no one is looking; he then pulls me inside his dorm and shuts his door.

"I was meaning to explain it to you earlier on but there wasn't really a chance..since you and that Weasley are a thing now" he says, annoyed.

"Don't be so mean, we aren't anymore anyways" I respond.

"Well then, this break my father had me date Pansy..her father and mine are friends so it was basically forced. That's all I really have to say, there's not much else" he says, looking down at the ground.

"Why was that such a hard explanation..you could've told me after you brang me to the hospital or right when you came back" I say, tearing up.

"I-I know..I've just been thinking that maybe you were right last time we've talked; we aren't meant for each other" he trails off.

"What do you mean?! First you supposedly have feelings for me then this? I knew it Draco okay? I understand that I'm not dateable to you..I'll be out of your way very very soon" I say, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Cassandra, it's not like that..I'm just sorry. I hurt you too much and you need to learn to go on without me because I'm not good for you. I'll keep my distance like how you said you wanted before break" he says, choking up.

I stare at the ground for a while as tears roll down my cheeks.

"Okay...I'll see you um around" I respond, wiping my tears from my cheeks.

I walk out of his dorm and storm my way back to mine. I throw open my door and grab a few pieces of parchment out, scribbling a very long note. Draco was my happiness and my hope. I've just lost him.