chapter forty-five.

Draco's POV

After classes I decide to walk over to Cassandra's dorm, feeling safer there than I do at my own. I walk in and there's no sign of her, only her robes laid out on her bed.

"Cassandra?" I call out.

I swear I saw her come in here just a bit ago.

"I'm in the bathroom" I hear hear say.

I walk towards the bathroom door and crack it open only to see her doing her hair in a black, skin tight, long sleeve, knee length dress.

"Um..did your father want to meet you?" I ask, disappointed.

"You didn't get the letter yet?" she turns around asking me.

All of a sudden I hear an owl tweeting at her window. I walk over and grab the letter as it's addressed to me.

~~~

Draco,

There's a meeting at 6pm tonight; meet me at Borgin and Burke's as we will be apparating to the manor with your peer Cassandra and Axel Cottrell. The both of you must get along as there are plans in the future you must take on together.

Lucius Malfoy

~~~

Cassandra walks over to me with a shameful face.

"When did you find out?" I ask her sternly.

"This morning but I didn't want to ruin-"

"You could've told me! I don't care what it would've ruined..meet me outside of the Slytherin common room in 20 minutes, we'll leave from there" I interrupt her in a demanding voice.

I storm out of her dorm, on my way to change. Why couldn't she of just told me right when got her letter!

Cassandra's POV

Right when Draco left my hands began to shake. I wasn't that worried until Draco snapped at me; I was only trying to have him relax for the majority of the day. I continue to straighten my hair in the bathroom, tears pooling in my eyes. I quickly apply my eyebrow product, some mascara, and chapstick then make my way towards the Slytherin common room. Once I'm there I'm met by an impatient, anxious Draco. He doesn't say a word he just starts walking out of the castle; I follow behind him, looking like a lost puppy. Once we're about halfway to Hogsmeade I decide to break the silence.

"I'm really sorry Draco, I just didn't want to ruin the moment" I tell him.

"Ruin the moment? There is no moment Cassandra, this is our life. The least you could do is act somewhat professional about these types of things" he spits at me.

"Our relationship is more important than this bullshit Draco, I-"

"Our relationship is more important than your own life? Have some common sense Cassandra, turn the lightbulb on in your brain" he responds.

I stop in my tracks as tears run down my face. Draco notices my sudden halt and turns around to me.

"We can't be late" he numbly says, continuing on walking.

I slowly walk behind him, hanging my head low. We make it to Borgin and Burke's and step inside. My father grows a devilish smirk on his face as he sees the both of us walk in.

"Did you get along nicely?" Lucius asks Draco.

I just stare at the ground, allowing him to answer.

"Yes father" he responds.

"Good..off we go then" Lucius says, apparating us to the front of the manor we were in last time.

I walk in, standing beside my father and see all of the disgusting faces from last time. My emotions numb up and callus over again in fear to show any sign of vulnerability. I sit down at the long table next to my father as Draco and his father sit across from us.

"So Cassandra, you're Harry Potter's..cousin, I'm correct aren't I?" Voldemort asks me.

"Yes my lord" I respond, looking over at him.

Voldemort is the most disgusting vile dark wizard there is and he sure looks the part.

"I want you and Draco to stay close to him, see if he's planning anything against us or if he's finding out too much information" Voldemort orders.

"My lord, Harry Potter and I aren't close..rather enemies" Draco says.

Why would he say that? He's trying to get himself out of this.

"Well then Cassandra, only you stick close..as for you Draco, you can mend the vanishing cabinet that's now placed in the room of requirement" Voldemort smirks.

I look over to Draco and you can visibly see him gulp down air.

"Yes my lord" he responds.

After Voldemort assigned us those tasks he talked about stuff that didn't regard Draco and I so I decided to dissociate myself. I look out of the window and it's pitch black outside.

"Cassandra and Draco, you two must be heading back now; you're assignments begin first thing in the morning" Voldemort says.

I get up out of my seat and exit the manor. Once I'm outside I expect it to be Draco and his father but it's only Draco. I feel my fathers presence follow behind me and my body becomes shaky.

"Can any of you apparate?" my father asks Draco and I.

"Yeah, I can" Draco says in an annoyed voice.

"Then I will see you very soon sweetie" my father says, placing a kiss on my head.

My whole body froze up, I didn't move a muscle. Once he left back inside tears ran down my face. I walk over to a random brick wall and start throwing punches at it, ripping my knuckles up.

"Fuck!!" I yell through my tears.

I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist, pulling me back.

"Calm down..we need to get back to Hogwarts" Draco mumbles.

He holds out his hand for me to grab and I do so, apparating us back to a forest near Hogwarts. The forest where Pansy mutilated my arm. Draco quickly starts walking ahead of me quickly and I struggle to keep up.

"You're not still mad are you?" I ask him.

"What do you think Cassandra? You get to just check up on Harry while I have to mend a whole cabinet, making it so they can come here" Draco chokes out.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask him.

"Nothing, you'll find out soon enough" he growls, continuing on walking.

"Do you think this isn't hard for me?! Harry is my cousin, he was the only one there for me at the start of all of this" I break down.

"Oh yeah? and you STILL were considering whether you wanted to willing fully become a death eater in the beginning?! Like I said, turn the fucking lightbulb on in your head and focus, or else you're going to die" he yells at me.

He storms off to the castle and I feel like I can't move again. I look around at my surroundings and find an old oak tree; I walk over and sit right next to the tree stump. I feel defeated..I thought Draco and I were going to get through this together..that can't happen when we're fighting. Maybe I just need to shut up and let him take the lead.

I finally stand up after what felt like 30 minutes and walk back over to the castle, sneaking into my dorm room. Right when I close my door I let out a huge sigh then turn on the lamp to lighten up my pitch black room. I see Draco laying down in my bed, his right arm laying out in the empty space next to him like he's been waiting for me. I quietly make my way to the bathroom, trying my best not to wake him. I slip off my dress and take off my makeup then grab the shirt on the bathroom floor that I was wearing this morning. I throw it on and sneak into bed with Draco, gently moving his arm onto his chest. I cuddle up next to him and gently place my right hand on his chest. Tears escape my eyes once again; this stress will be the end of me.