chapter eighteen.

Cassandra's POV

As I'm walking to my charms class I keep hearing my name being called.

"Cassandra is it?" this girl asks, running up to me.

"Um yeah, you are?" I ask.

"Pansy Parkinson..a slytherin" she says with a sarcastic smile.

"So what's a little Gryffindor like you sneaking around with a Slytherin for?" she asks me.

"I'm sorry, what are you talking about?" I ask, pretending to not have a thing with Draco.

"You know what I mean Potter" she spits at me with a disgusting smirk.

She locks eye contact with me as she walks off. What the hell does she have against me? I walk into charms class and we're learning about the creature that tried attacking me before the Knight Bus saved me. They're called dementors and they basically suck your happy memories and soul away. We learned a spell called Expecto Patronum that's used to ward them off. After charms class I make my way to Defense of the Dark Arts. I walk in and sit next to Harry and in front of class there's a black blanket covering something large and wide.

"Alright class, today we will be learning about the mirror of Erised. Can anyone explain to me what this is?" Professor Lupin asks.

Hermione raises her hand and she's called on.

"The mirror of Erised shows your heart's deepest desire" she says.

"Correct Ms.Granger, 10 points to Gryffindor. I will have each of you stand in front of the mirror and share what you see, unless you really don't feel like sharing with the class" Professor Lupin says.

We all line up and one by one walk up to the mirror. Harry saw his parents but only told me and Hermione saw her with Ron and a family. Draco walks up to it and just stands there.

"What do you see Draco?" Professor Lupin asks.

"Maybe I'd be able to vision something if Cassandra wasn't standing right bloody behind me" he responds, looking back.

The thing was that I was no where near him. The class laughed and I blushed viciously.

"Well, I see now..very well" Professor Lupin chuckles.

"What's the proof that this thing is telling the truth? There ought to be something wrong with it" Draco says, walking away and avoiding eye contact with me.

"Alright Cassandra, you're up next" Professor Lupin says to me.

I walk up to the mirror and at first I see nothing. All of a sudden a warm and familiar feeling voice is whispering to me.

"I love you so much Cassandra, I will always be with you no matter what happens" the warm voice says.

I then see a beautiful woman who looks like she could be my mother walk up to me in the mirror. As she reaches her hand over to rest on my shoulder a dark man that looks similar to me as well walks up to her and pushes her, making them both disappear. I jump back in fear and tears fill my eyes.

"Are you alright?" Professor Lupin asks me.

"Mom?..Dad?" I whisper, hoping for a response from them.

"Sir I don't think I saw something that I necessarily desire..it was more of a message..or clue" I whisper to him.

"Very well then, you can sit down now" he responds with a half smile.

I go to sit down and I feel sadness and panic fill my soul. Was that really my mom and dad? Did him pushing her mean something about what's happened to her? There's still a lot of students finishing up the assignment for today so I just sit and watch them. All of a sudden I'm getting small pieces of parchment darted at me. I look over and it's Draco.

"Are you okay?" he silently mouths to me.

I shrug my shoulders and look back down to my desk. All of a sudden a piece of parchment that's folded into looking like a swan flies onto my table.

~~~
Meet me at my dorm after classes
-Draco xx
~~~

I laugh at his booty call attempt then look over to him and nod my head. I just need someone to talk to and to take my mind off this for now anyway.