chapter five.

Cassandra's POV

I walk into my dorm and see my kitten cuddling with another cat on my bed.

"It seems your cat likes Crookshanks" Hermione chuckles.

"Your cats really pretty" I smile.

"Yours is too, what's his name?" she asks me.

"I've decided to go with Bombay" I smile at the thought of the name.

"Since you have your wand now do you want me to try and teach you simple spells so you can catch up?" Hermione offers.

"That'd be great yeah" I smile.

We went to an open field outside and she taught me spells such as Descendo, Aberto, Episkey, Bombardo, and Circumrota.

"You're a natural at this" she laughs.

"Thanks. It's actually a lot easier than I thought" I smile back.

"Oh shoot, we're late for dinner" Hermione gasps.

We run towards the castle and into the dining hall. We try our best to sneak in but we were caught.

"Well well well, where did we sneak off to ladies" Snape asks us while walking up to us.

"I'm so sorry profesor, I was just trying to help Cassandra out w-"

"It was my fault sir, I apologize. I pressured her to stay out late with me" I interrupt Hermione.

She turns to me with wide eyes.

"I'll be speaking to you after dinner Ms. Potter" Snape says.

Snickers come from areas around the room as we sit down.

"Getting in trouble already Cassandra, really" Harry sighs.

"Hey I didn't know dinner already started" I put my hands up in defense.

"You didn't have to take the blame for me Cassandra, it really was my fault for losing track of time" Hermione says to me.

"Well I was taking too long to learn the spells so it's my fault" I chuckle.

"No you did not! Are you kidding she learned about 5 spells within 2 hours!" she exclaims.

"What? God Cassandra that's absurd" Ron says with his jaw dropped.

"That's bloody brilliant" Harry says proudly.

"Thanks I guess" I smile.

Everyone begins eating and I just stare at the food in front of me.

"Eat something Cassandra, you haven't eaten in so long" Harry whispers to me with concern in his voice.

"I'm just gonna go to the bathroom" I excuse myself from the table.

Right after I got out of the dining hall I made my way back to my dorm. I put on a dark green long sleeve shirt and black velvet shorts then start to study more beginners spells. After a while I feel myself drift off and I fall straight asleep.

~~~~~
Next Morning
~~~~~

I wake up to something scratching at my feet.

"Ow!" I groan.

I sit up and find my cat playing with my legs. I place him on the floor and get ready; surprisingly Hermione wasn't here.

Was I late?? I look at the clock and it says 9:30am. Oh shit! Class started 30 minutes ago. I messily throw on my robe, put my hair into a ponytail, then brush my teeth and run off to potions class. I try my best to sneak in but it obviously failed.