chapter thirty-seven.

Cassandra's POV

I wake up around 9am and see that my dorm is empty. I grab a black crop top and light blue jeans then make my way down to Hogsmeade to take a long walk. As I'm making my way down an empty street I feel a presence following me.

"Hello darling" an unfamiliar voice says behind me.

I turn around, scared to see a tall man in a dark suit.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Travers, you're Cassandra Potter correct?" he asks with a creepy grin.

"How- um get away from me" I respond defensively, walking away at a fast pace.

"Not so fast!" he yells, grabbing me.

"LET GO OF ME! HELPP!" I scream.

All of a sudden I'm apparated to a spacious, dark, empty room. I look around scared and see no one is in sight anymore.

"Cassandra?" a male voice asks behind me.

I turn around to see a tall man wearing dark robes.

"Let me go!" I yell at him.

"It's okay princess..you're safe" he responds.

"What do you want! Who are you!" I yell at him.

"I just want a moment of your time and consideration love. My name is Axel Cottrell" he says with a faint smile.

Axel Cottrell? Where have I heard that before?

"No need to worry where you are..not far from you so called home" he says.

He's my father.

"You-..you're my father" I tremble.

"Yes, I've heard you've been doing some research on me" he responds.

I don't know how to react now; should I be upset, scared, or happy?

"It's time I finally make my attempt to be in your life..as you may know I am a death eater" he says.

I gulp and look at him with terror and confusion plastered onto my face.

"Do you want to be with your father finally? Have a real family? Not be so lonely?" he asks me.

"I'm not lonely" I spit at him.

"Cassandra, be honest with yourself. You may have friends and who knows; a boyfriend possibly so I've heard. But you have no family..no mum, no sisters, brothers" he says.

I pause and think about what he's saying.

"Come join me..fulfill the Dark Lord's wishes with me and let's be a family" he says.

"I'm not doing that" I laugh at him madly.

"Are you sure? You'll have protection and power. You'll be powerful Cassandra" he says.

"Let me go" I grunt through my teeth.

"This offer may only come once more..I encourage you to consider it. Travers, you can send her out" he says into the empty room while leaving my sight.

Suddenly Travers walks in from out of no where no tightly grabs my arm.

"Goodbye for now sweetheart" he laughs evilly.

Suddenly I'm apparated and dropped from at least 20 feet onto the ground, onto my face. I look up with a pounding head and blurry vision, noticing I'm back at Hogsmeade. All of a sudden I feel so tired and my head face plants back onto the ground. Numbness fills my body and I tremble with tears. I'm stuck.

George's POV

As Fred and I make our way through Hogsmeade we attempt find an alley to test some fireworks.

"This way mate" Fred says, turning a corner to a thin alley.

I turn the corner and he's stopped in his tracks as his face displays horror. I look down the alley and see Cassandra violently shaking. I run towards her and hear sobs and whines coming out of her mouth.

"Cassandra?! What happened?" I ask, frantically.

I turn her over to face me and she has bruising all over her left cheekbone along with a bloody nose and lip. I pick her up and rush towards Fred.

"Madam Pomfrey, now" I sternly say as I rush towards Hogwarts with him.

As we enter the building I'm out of breath; Cassandra's not heavy, I've just been walking so fast for so long. Cassandra's actually pretty light..almost too light.

"What the fuck are you doing Weasley!" Draco yells behind me.

I stop in my tracks and turn around to show him Cassandra.

"W-what happened?!" he panics.

"We found her in Hogsmeade like this" Fred responds as we continue to walk towards the hospital wing.

Draco decides to follow us and we finally make it, rushing in.

"Oh no, not again" Madame Pomfrey says with a sad face.

We place Cassandra on the cot and Madame Pomfrey runs over to her.

"We found her at Hogsmeade just laying there..sobbing, ice cold" I say.

Draco's POV

I look at her pale skin that has a light blue tint and try my best to hold back my tears. Her face was messed up like she's been slammed into a curb.

"Honey what happened?" Madame Pomfrey coos to her.

"T-..Travers...Axel" she whispers.

Travers? Axel? I know those names..I hear their names being spoke and their voices discuss with my father, a death eater whilst I sit in my room upstairs during summer.

"She seems like she's been in the cold for at least 3 hours, I nee-"

"What did you say?" I ask Cassandra, cutting of Madame Pomfrey.

"Travers..this guy grabbed me...I was apparated back and fell so high" she begins to sob again.

I choke up and snap.

"What are you talking about?!..LEAVE you filthy mudbloods" I spit at the Weasley twins.

"No..please" Cassandra says weakly.

I stare into her hurt filled eyes and anger fills my body. I stomp out of the hospital wing to my dorm resulting in the Weasley twins letting out a chuckle. Once I reach my dorm I throw everything that was on my dresser off and growl in anger. I slam my hands on the dresser and stand there, lightly rocking my body back and forth. Why are death eaters involved with Cassandra, why is she getting pulled into this. I know what my father wants from me soon..he wants me to be one of those filthy, disgusting killers..and I have no choice.