chapter fifty-six.

*SELF HARM MENTION TW*

Cassandra's POV

"The point is I never wanted this, I was forced. I never meant to hurt anyone but if I didn't obey his orders I'd be killed. I understand if you don't want any association with me, I just wanted to explain myself" I tell everyone in the room, feeling as if the life just got sucked out of me.

I just explained everything to Hermione, Harry, and Ron; of course I got threats aimed at me right when I entered the room but luckily they listened to me. I look over at Hermione and she's practically crying. She runs up to me and hugs me tightly as quiet sobs come out of me. She pulls away and backs up a little, smiling at me.

"I'm just glad we're all safe, I can't do this enemy stuff anymore" Harry sighs.

"Can we see it then? Your death mark?" Ron blurts out.

Hermione smacks him upside the head with a dirty glare on her face. I chuckle then tug at the hem of my left jacket sleeve.

"I haven't even bared to look at it in days" I reply.

I lift my left sleeve up making it so only I can see my arm. My right hand slaps over my mouth as I sharply gasp. My dark mark is fading; I'm not going to be a product of this disgusting, murderous, cult much longer.

"What?" George asks, worried.

"N-nothing..it's just um fading" I say, a small grin on my face.

My dark mark was fading but my scars sure as hell weren't.

"Can we see?..you know for reassurance" Harry nervously asks me.

I slowly expose my forearm to them and their faces either show shock or sadness.

"I- I fell into a thorn bush when Draco apparated me to the Manor that one night" I lie.

Ron and Harry surprisingly believe me as their expressions go back to normal a little.

"Well, I'm going to get tea; join me Harry. It was nice to see you" Ron says, getting up then smiling at me.

Harry follows him down the stairs and silence fills the room once again.

"I'm going to go down with them, leave you three to talk" Hermione says, disrupting the silence.

She gets up and rushes after Ron and Harry, leaving only Fred, George, and I alone.

"I know you didn't fall into a bush" George says.

"I'm fine now" I shamefully respond.

"It's not fine, that's not a good coping habit" Fred blurts out.

"Can we just not focus on it" I reply, scratching the back of my head.

I walk over to the couch that Ron and Harry were sitting on then plop myself down.

"I'm sorry for being so mad; I mean you understand right? Now that I know your story I don't have much of a reason to be upset with you" George says.

"You do, I helped them destroy Hogwarts" I respond.

"Yeah but you didn't know..Hogwarts will be rebuilt soon enough for next year. You're still going to go right?" George asks.

"I'm not going to be involved with Hogwarts anymore, it would be unfair and I'm most likely not wanted back" I respond.

Their faces frown and I exchange an apologetic look.

"We'll come on then, mums about to be finished making dinner" George smiles at me.