chapter eleven.

Cassandra's POV

I wake up to Hermione shaking my arm.

"What?" I groan.

"It's 10 minutes to 9 hurry up!" she panics me.

I jolt out of bed and frantically rush to the bathroom. I wash my face and fix my hair into a ponytail. I throw on my clothes, going for my longer skirt today. I look in the mirror all ready for class until I realize the three visible red marks on my neck. I frantically let my hair down and attempt to cover it with my long hair which works pretty good. I grab my wand and books then rush to my potions class. I walk in and everyone looks back to me.

"I thought you were over being late Ms. Potter" Professor Snape sneers.

"I just had a..long night" I awkwardly smile then look over to Draco who's smirking.

I scan the room for seats and quickly sit in between Ron and Ginny.

"You sure did have a long night huh?" Ginny asks looking at me.

I'm confused by her words until I realize my hair is pulled to one side, revealing a hickey. I quickly cover it and Ginny chuckles lightly.

"It's alright, I won't tell Harry" she says.

"Speaking of Harry, what do you think about him?" I ask, smiling.

"W-what does that mean? He's really smart and funny. Charming sort of I guess" she blushes.

"You two should hangout more often, I bet he'd like that..like a lot" I smile.

"H-how would I do that?" she asks me.

"Ask him to hangout after classes or after dinner, it's simple. I'll make a real money bet on him saying yes" I respond.

"We'll see" she lightly laughs.

I feel like Cupid; getting Ron and Hermione together and now Ginny and Harry. The day goes by like normal and I plan on hanging out with Hermione and Ron after my classes. After our classes I change into a yellow sweatshirt and black leggings at my dorm then we go to the the Leaky Cauldron. We left back to Hogwarts all slightly tipsy after a good time and stopped to look at the shrieking shack. Hermione and Ron we're cuddling up against each other until we heard Draco's voice.

"Well well, look who's here. You two shopping for your new dream home? Big gram for you isn't it Weasel Bee? Don't your family sleep in uh one room?" Draco taunts Ron with Crabbe and Goyle behind him.

"Shut your mouth Malfoy" Ron says, sounding defeated.

"Ooo not very friendly. Boys I think it's time we teach Weasel Bee how to respect his superiors" Draco says with a nasty face.

"Hope you don't mean yourself" Hermione says, standing in front of Ron.

"How dare you talk to me..filthy little mudblood" Draco spits at her.

I walk up to Draco and slap him as hard as I can. He holds his hand to his cheek and scoffs in shock while staring me down.

"You weren't THIS rowdy last night Potter" he smirks.

"You asshole!" I yell pushing him to the ground.

Crabbe and Goyle laugh a little, making Draco even more pissed.

"How about you don't bother people that are in here from talent. Your only here because of daddy's money right?" I say with an attitude.

"At least I have a mum and dad 'Ms. melancholy'. You're an orphan like your cousin" he growls at me.

I'm shocked..sure I was being a little mean with the insults but I trusted him with this. I kick his side hard making him wince in pain then storm off immediately after. I hear Ron and Hermione following after me.

"Are you okay Cassandra?" Ron asks me with concern.

"Yeah, great" I huff, obviously upset.

We make it back to Hogwarts and I walk to the Gryffindor common room with them. I sit on a chair in front of the fire kept up in a ball while Hermione and Ron are cuddling up against each other on the couch. Harry comes in after us with red cheeks and sits on the chair from across me.

"How'd it go with Ginny?" Hermione asks, smirking.

"What? What do you mean Ginny?" Ron groans and cringes.

"Sorry Ron..it was er brilliant, really good" he laughs lightly while blushing even more.

I let out a small smile while still staring at the ground.

"What happened?" Harry asks us referring to me.

"Draco happened" Ron says in a disappointed voice.

"Did he hurt you? What did he do?" Harry interrogates me.

"First, he was a piece of shit to Ron and Hermione..so I slapped him and stood up for my friends only for him to insult me personally as well" I sigh.

"Oh, I'll tell him" Harry says, staring to get up.

"No it's fine..he was groaning in pain from me after I kicked him to the ground" I lightly chuckle.

Everyone laughs.

"How come you like that knob?" Ron asks me.

"Wha-who said that?" I ask nervously.

"It's pretty obvious to us Cassandra. I say you forget about him" Ron replies.

I look over to Hermione and she's just looking down at the ground while Harry looks annoyed.

"I don't know why I like him..it's just how it is I guess? Amortentia doesn't lie" I shrug.

"Wait you smelt him during that potion?" Harry asks me.

I nod my head lightly and he slams his face in his palm. I don't know if Draco is a bipolar mess or he just really doesn't want to show any sign of liking me to other people. After a while of talking we all go back to our dorms as it was getting late. I sit on my bed, petting my cat until Hermione starts staring at me.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"I know you like Draco a lot and I know that this really must hurt you.." she says.

"I trusted him with stuff I rarely let other people see or know and he completely sabotaged me" I say, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I say dump him and we'll find you a boy in Gryffindor that fancies you" she lightly smiles.

"I wish it was that easy..there's just something about him where I want to keep on trying and trying to gain his trust and love. I don't think I will give up" I begin to choke up.

Hermione comes onto my bed and hugs me as I try my best to keep my cries silent.

"I say we sneak off and go to the mall in the muggle world tomorrow" she smiles.

"Where did this side of Hermione come from?" I laugh, wiping my tears.

"It came from me wanting to help keep my best friend's mind off stupid boys in general and to have a good old shopping spree" she chuckles.

"I won't argue with that" I smile.

I go off to bed and fantasize about going to the mall, I haven't been in so long. My eyelids feel like there are weights on them as I fall asleep completely.