chapter twenty-nine.

Cassandra's POV

It's about 5pm and I'm mainly recovered from the incident with Pansy yesterday. The nurse allows me to go back to my common room and I rush to see George, Ron, Fred, and Hermione. I walk into the common room to see George, Fred, and Ron sitting in front of the fireplace.

"The Gryffinqueen is alive!" Fred shouts.

I laugh and blush, walking over to them.

"Let us sign your bandages..unless it hurts" George says.

"Go ahead, they're getting taken off in a couple days anyway though" I smile.

Fred writes 'pansy's a bitch!'
Ron writes 'hope it heals quickly love'
George writes 'we attack pansy at dawn'

I laugh at George and Fred's notes then smile at Ron.

"At least the nurse told me that I don't have to do any homework because it's difficult to write" I laugh.

"Wicked" George and Fred say in unison.

Hermione jogs downstairs towards me and hugs me right when she sees me.

"Are you doing alright?" she asks me.

I nod my head and smile.

"I see the boys have already put their threats to Pansy on your arm" she laughs, looking at my bandages.

"What did she even carve into your arm?" Fred asks me.

Immediately after that George punches his arm.

"No it's fine...'filthy whore'...it's really deep" I respond.

"Well that's not so badass" Fred says, kicking the ground.

"Anyway, let's go off to dinner" Hermione says, walking out of the common room.

We all follow her in a group and sit down at our table. I eat lightly as I feel a pair of eyes literally burning into my back. I turn around curiously and there's Draco staring at me. Once I look back he tried to slyly look down at his plate. I finish my dinner up and walk back to my dorm alone. Once I get there I walk to my bathroom to look at my ginormous scar. Once I fully unwrapped my bandages there it was on my inner upper arm; you could see my purple and red flesh behind my stitches.

"Merlin's beard Cassandra!" Hermione says shocked, besides me.

I hide my arm against my stomach and she stares at me with her jaw dropped.

"I-I didn't know it was to the point where you needed stitches" she stutters.

"It's really noticeable huh..it's going to be there for the rest of my life" I say, tears running down my cheek as I lift my arm back up.

"It can be covered with makeup or a long sleeve..just don't let it hold you back from wearing anything you like" she replies with a smile.

I faintly smile back then wrap it back up with my bandages.

"I think I'm just gonna go to sleep" I say.

"Alright, well um goodnight" she smiles at me.

I lay down on my bed and hear her turn the shower on in the bathroom. I fall asleep with the mental image of my scar replaying over and over again.

~~~
The Next Morning
~~~

I wake up to a stinging pain in my arm then realize I've been sleeping on my scar all night long. I slowly get up and get ready; then I decide to apply thick black eyeliner, eyebrow product, and mascara. I pull my hair into a tight ponytail then put my robes on. I walk to class with Hermione as she helps hold some of my books. As I take my seat I notice that Draco's eyes are glued onto me. I lightly smile at him then carefully sit down. As class goes on our assignment is to write down a couple of paragraphs about Wolfsbane. I just read through extra pages of my potions book as my arm is too hurt to write.

"Where is your parchment and pen Ms. Potter?" Snape asks me in front of the whole class.

Almost everyone turns to me and anxiety fills my body. I weakly raised my bandaged arm up and his eyebrow raises.

"The nurse said that I'm excused from work for a bit" I respond.

"Very well.." Professor Snape trails off.

I continue on with my classes and have to repeat my excuse for not doing work to almost every single one of my Professors. After classes I decide to go to The Leaky Cauldron to try and have some alone time and luckily it worked out well since the place was basically empty on a Monday afternoon. I order a butter beer and sip on it as I read the Daily Prophet.

"Mind some company?" I hear George say behind me.

I turn around and he's in a sweater and sweatpants, smiling at me. I nod my head and smile as he sits down next to me.

"So, what's new?" he asks me.

"Umm lots?" I laugh.

"How was your Christmas? What'd you get?" he asks me.

"Nothing really..you never talk to me so casually like this, what have you done with the real George?" I smile, raising my eyebrow.

"Can't I just have a friendly chat with you?" he laughs.

"I mean...before break I figured out who my father is" I trail off.

"Really? I'm curious" he smiles at me.

"I'm only telling you because I'd like to talk about it and I trust you...he killed my mom after I was born and he was sent to the Prison of Azkaban right after. He's escaped a few years back and...yeah" I say avoiding the part of him being a death eater.

"I-I'm sorry Cassandra, that must be difficult" he says to me.

"No, don't be..hopefully I can at least talk to him one day. I want to ask him about everything I guess" I say, looking down.

He lifts my chin up and stares into my eyes.

"That sounds like a good idea to me..you have time, don't worry" he says quietly.

Our faces are inches apart as he stares at my lips. I lean in slowly and our lips softly connect, passion exchanging between us. After a few seconds we both slowly pull away. A smile forms across my lips and he blushes lightly. He kisses me again but with more passion, our lips melting together.

"Let's go back to Hogwarts then yeah?" he pulls away with a grin.

I nod my head and smile as we get up to walk back to our common room.