chapter thirty-one.

~~~
1 week later
~~~

Cassandra's POV

It's been a week since George and I had our first kiss and so far we've been escalating what we do during our personal time together more and more.

"Oi Cassandra, wait up!" Fred yells from behind me.

I stop in the hallway and wait for him to catch up to me.

"You fancy George I assume, correct?" he asks me.

"I mean yeah" I nervously chuckle.

"Do you fancy him or fancy fancy him?" he smirks at me.

"I-I don't know..for now I think it's just a thing between us. I don't want to move on too fast after.." I trail off as I see Draco pass Fred and I.

"Ahh I see" he sighs.

I awkwardly smile and nod my head. George joins Fred and I as we walk over to the dining hall shortly after that small talk.

George's POV

"Tell us how it is being with Cassandra then!" Seamus asks me.

I look over to Cassandra who's pretty far away sitting with Ron, Harry, and Hermione.

"She's a very kinky girl..beautiful and graceful though" I chuckle.

"Nice!" a couple of guys say around me.

"What would Cassandra want to do with you Weasley? You lanky, immature knob" Draco says from behind me.

"I would ask yourself that Draco..she is with me now isn't she? Not you, you toxic wanker" I say, looking him up and down with a smirk.

"You'll pay for that" he spits at me.

I laugh at his threat and he just glares at me as he returns back to his table.

Cassandra's POV

I walk out of the dining hall pretty late with Hermione and stumble upon Draco and George in the hallway. Draco has his wand at George's throat as he's crossing his arms.

"Draco! Stop!" I yell at him.

He turns his attention towards me with dark eyes. I step in front of George until he pushes me out of the way.

"You're really going to have Cassandra see this? You don't scare me Malfoy" George taunts Draco.

"Can you both just stop!" I yell.

Draco lowers his wand, not breaking eye contact with George. He storms back off towards his common room area.

"Coward!" George yells to him.

"What happened?" I ask.

"He made a snarky comment so I gave him one back..he got all personal about it" he tells me.

"Come on" I groan, pulling his arm towards our common room.

Hermione follows and walks straight up to our dorm, allowing us to talk in the common room.

"What're you saying about us? I've heard..stuff" I ask him.

"Well I don't go around bragging about you but a couple of people know about our snogging and such" he replies with a chuckle.

"Listen George..you're amazing and there's so much good to you but I can't do anything serious..not right now at least" I manage to choke out.

"What? Oh, I didn't know it'd get to a serious point really..I thought we were just messing around" he says.

"Oh..well that's good" I sigh in relief.

"I understand if this is too much after um..Draco. We can stop if you'd like" he says.

"Thanks..let's just keep everything calm now I guess" I smile.

He nods his head in agreement. I kiss him on the cheek and walk back up to my dorm. I quickly rush inside and slam the door behind me.

"What happened?" Hermione asks me.

"I kind of put an end to us having anything serious..he's more of a brother to me and looking back on it it just feels weird. I don't feel too awkward with him right now though..I'm just not sure how he's really feeling" I say.

"Well, you can always read his thoughts" she smirks.

"Teach me how to make the potion ASAP" I chuckle.

She gets all giddy and runs to her bookshelf. The potion was pretty easy surprisingly.

"Now this is only for you to have your mind at ease about this situation or to figure out the right way to explain everything to him" Hermione says, handing me a small vial.

"Thank you loads" I smile, giving her a half hug.

I plan on taking it tomorrow morning in charms; I just want to be at peace and back to normal with George.

~~~
The Next Morning
~~~

I wake up and apply my new makeup routine then put on my robes. I anxiously wait through my potions class, wanting to get to charms as soon as possible. Professor Snape dismisses class and I race off to charms class. I quickly grab the vial out of my pocket and gulp it down. I walk in to the full class and my head is filled with loud voices as if everyone's shouting at me. I stop in my tracks while wincing and hold my head in pain.

"Cassandra" Hermione calls over to me.

I rush over to my seat next to her and bury my head into the table immediately.

"It's alright, just focus" she whispers into my ear.

After a few more seconds of suffering everything finally goes silent. My head is throbbing and my ears are ringing. I look up at Hermione and her face is filled with worry.

"I'm sorry" she silently mouths.

Then class starts except I can't hear a sound; our Professor is talking but I can't hear the words coming out of his mouth. I look over to George a couple seats in front of me and hear a small fuzzy noise.

"God I hope Cassandra doesn't hate me for yesterday..I bet she does. Shouldn't of ever even kissed her how stupid am I?" I hear George's voice even though his mouth isn't moving.

I grab a piece of parchment and write on it.

~~~
It's working but I can't hear anyone that is actually talking
~~~

I move the piece of parchment over to Hermione's view and she raises her eyebrows.

"God Angelina is looking mighty fine today, I ought to have a chat with her after class" I hear George's voice in my head.

I look over at him and there he is staring at Angelina Johnson. I smile knowing that me not continuing our 'fling' didn't have a huge effect on him.

"Why would Cassandra want George..why him and not me" I hear Draco's voice.

I turn my attention to Draco and he's staring down at his desk.

"I've messed it all up this past break; I should've just explained everything to her once I got back to Hogwarts" his voice says again.

Suddenly I hear everyone's voices get louder and louder. Shouts from what sounds like everyone in this room fills my head and it's overwhelming. I grab my head and shriek, unfortunately not knowing how loud I'm being. Hermione shakes my shoulder as I'm having a full blown anxiety attack. I look over to her then at the whole class and everyone's attention is at me. All of a sudden everything goes black as I feel myself fall out of my seat.