chapter fifty.

Cassandra's POV

I wake up to Hermione shaking me.

"Come onnn get ready, it's 10am" she groans.

I lightly chuckle at her then get out of bed.

"I'll be waiting down in the common room, take your time though" she informs me.

She leaves the room and I finally stand up. I grab a light grey knitted sweater and black leggings from my dresser then make my way to the bathroom. I get ready as usual then make my way down to the common room. George, Fred, Harry, and Hermione are chatting on the couches so I clear my throat behind them to announce my presence.

"Ready?" Hermione asks me.

I smile and nod my head.

"Where are you two off to?" George asks us.

"Hogsmeade" I reply.

"Can I tag along? I need a new jacket after mine got covered in Draco's blood" George chuckles.

"Fine but only for a little, it's a girls day out" Hermione says.

George, Hermione, and I walk towards Hogsmeade. We enter Hogsmeade and the surroundings are uplifting and lively. George throws his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close as we walk to Honeydukes. I buy a couple of chocolate frogs and licorice as George buys what seems like the whole store. Hermione doesn't really like sweets so she just stuck with George as he wandered around. We leave Honeydukes and George has both of our bags in his right hand as his left is wrapped around my shoulder. I lean into his warm body as Hermione leads in front of us to the shop she wants to go to next.

"You've got to be kidding me right now!" I hear Draco yell out behind us.

We all turn around and Draco looks confused. He stares back and forth between George and I then walks up to the two of us.

"Am I going to have to break your nose again today WeasleBee?" Draco spits at George.

"Stop Draco..you remember what I said yesterday" I say to him.

He stares into my eyes and I could see him visibly break. His eyes gloss over as he tries to fight back a breakdown.

"You're lucky for now Weasley" he snickers at George, turning around.

We continue walking back to Hermione's shop of choice and George just laughs at that interaction. I don't want or mean to hurt Draco..everything was just in the moment. After George bought a new jacket he made his way back to Hogwarts, leaving Hermione and I to shop by ourselves.

After 3 hours and all our money spent we make our way back to Hogwarts. The castle is finally in full sight and we cross the cobble bridge to the first set of stairs. As we begin to walk up the stairs we hear coughing and strained breathing behind us. We both turn around and there's George, lying down by a tree.

"George!" I yell out, running towards him.

His breathing is faint and he's struggling to open his eyes.

"We need to take him to the hospital wing" Hermione panics.

We both struggle to carry him up to the hospital wing but we fortunately make it in time. Madame Pomfrey rushes over to us as we bring George over to a cot. She closes a curtain around him and we patiently sit outside the doors of the hospital wing.

"Do you think it was-"

"Yeah..it was Draco" I cut her off, knowing what she was about to predict.

I know Draco was hurt and jealous but that didn't mean he had to nearly kill George. After sitting out in the hallway for about 30 minutes Madame Pomfrey said we could come see him. The both of us rush in over to George.

"What did he do to you?" I question him.

"We put up a fight then he used..crucio" George chokes out.

Hermione's face displays shock as well as mine.

"I won't snitch..don't worry Cassandra" George faintly smiles.

"I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about you" I respond.

"I'm feeling better, all that's really wrong is that my nose is broken along with my collarbone" he says.

"I'm going to fucking kill Draco" I growl.

Fred, Ron, and Harry rush in right after I say that.

"What's happened? Are you going to survive?" Fred panics.

"Calm down you twat..Cassandra's boyfriend has anger issues, that's all" George lightly chuckles.

"I thought you were done with him Cassandra" Harry sighs.

"I am I guess, it's just he saw George and I at Hogsmeade together then I'm pretty sure he stalked him until he was alone" I respond.

Silence fills the room for a couple of minutes.

"This is all my fault..I'm really sorry George" I say, tears pooling in my eyes.

"Don't blame yourself Cassandra, Draco's the wussy little boy" Fred says.

"I'm going to leave" I sniffle, walking out of the hospital wing.

I make my way to my dorm, fortunately not letting out any anger in front of anyone. I walk in the dorm and slam the door shut very hard, making my way over to my dresser. I rip open my dresser drawer and grab Draco's sweatshirt out, throwing it on the ground and stomping on it. Then I grab the small mirror on my dresser and throw it across the room, shattering it.

"Fucking hell!!" I yell.

After calming down from my fit I sit down on my bed. I'm in love with a possessive, angry, demanding Slytherin. My thoughts get interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I call out.

Hermione walks in slowly, examining the room.

"Fred's right, it isn't your fault; although you are sort of dating him you aren't responsible for his actions" she calmly says, walking over to me.

That hit me hard..she's right.

"It's just if I hadn't of dated him this wouldn't of happened" I sniffle.

"Yeah but did you know that this would happen when you started dating him?" she asks me.

I shake my head no and she wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"I'm not trying to justify his actions but he's obviously upset with himself about the last few days" she says.

"I know..I just realized that" I reply.

"Run yourself a hot bath and take some time to think, yeah? I'm going to head over to Ron's dorm" she smiles at me.

Hermione was like the big sister I never had even though we're close in age. She leaves our dorm and I head off to the bathroom. I run warm water and light a cinnamon pumpkin scented candle at the bottom of the tub's ledge. I take my clothes off and get into the tub filled with water and soap bubbles. My eyes wander to my left wrist and examine the disaster on my arm. The disaster of slipping back into my old habits and the symbol indicating that I'm a cold hearted traitor. I close my eyes and feel the warm water comfort my skin; I honestly just want to fall asleep in here..it'll be the first warm entity surrounding me to sleep since a few days ago.