chapter forty-six.

Cassandra's POV

I open my eyes and unfortunately Draco isn't with me anymore. I let out a huge sigh then get up to walk to the bathroom; still no sign of him. I brush my teeth, wash my face, then throw my hair up in a messy bun. I'm not going to focus on my task so harshly, I'm just going to use it as a way to genuinely get closer to Harry. I grab a light pink knitted sweater and black leggings from my dresser then put on my black pair of converse. It's finally the weekend and I'm not going to stress over Voldemort's stupid task.

I run down to the common room and see Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting down at the couch.

"Hey guys" I say behind them, lightly smiling.

"Cassandra! It's only been two days but it's felt like months honestly" Hermione smiles at me.

"Yeah..for sure" I lightly chuckle.

"We should all go to the pub, catch up a bit you know?" Hermione excitedly says, looking at Ron and Harry.

Ron shrugs his shoulders and Harry smiles. Sooner than I could imagine were already at Hogsmeade. We walk into a place called 'The Hog's Head' which I've never been to before. We all order a butter beer and look over the menu. My eyes land on and crave the simple order of French toast. The waitress walks up to us and asks for our orders.

"I'll get the French toast please" I smile at her.

"I'll have the eggs and bacon" Harry says.

"I'll have the erm beef Wellington with mashed potatoes" Ron says.

"God Ron it's breakfast time, not dinner" Hermione chuckles.

We all lightly laugh and Ron puts his hands up in defense.

"I'll have the same as her please" Hermione smiles at the waitress, pointing to me.

The waitress takes all of our menus and walks off to the kitchen. We all talk about random things until our food arrived. Ron's plate was huge and the rest of ours were at a proportional size. I look down at the French toast and my stomach churns; I've now realized I haven't really ate much in days. I dig in and savor every bite as the table goes silent for a minute.

"What could be the last couple of Horcruxes?" Ron asks, attributing to the odd conversation they were having.

"We've destroyed Tom Riddles diary, the ring, locket, the diadem, and the goblet; there's only 7" Hermione says quietly.

Oh god..not only is Harry battling against Voldemort, my two other best friends are as well.

"Time will tell, let's just eat this bloody food" Ron interrupts, digging into his meal.

My whole body feels weak as I loudly drop my fork on my plate.

"You alright Cassandra?" Ron asks me with a mouthful of food.

"Y-yeah, just have an upset stomach. I'll be back" I excuse myself from the table.

I walk to the bathroom and lock myself in so nobody can walk in on my panic attack. My breathing fastens as my body heats up. I rip off my sweater leaving me in my bra and hold onto the bathroom sink. I stare into the mirror and all I see is my disgusting face. I'm a death eater and I'm helping the Dark Lord kill my cousin along with destroying my friends.

I realize I've been in the bathroom for a bit too long so I throw my sweater back on and walk back out to them, acting calm and collected.

"Right, well I'm going to practice in the quidditch field..care to join me Hermione" Ron asks with a nervous smile.

"We'll see you two later" Hermione smiles as she leaves with Ron.

I smile and nod my head, returning to breaking up pieces of my toast.

"Come on Cassandra, you need to eat" Harry tells me.

"I know, I just think my toast went a little bad, it had me feeling sick" I respond.

He pushes the butter beer I ordered towards me, signaling for me to drink. I smile at him and take a few gulps.

"I just want to let you know that you don't have to be worried about this whole..Voldemort stuff. I've got it in control and I'd rather not drag you into it" he smiles at me.

No need to drag me into it, I'm apart of it. I let out a smile and he throws his arm around me.

"Thank you for everything Harry" I say, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Of course, thank you for helping me put up with Dudley and uncle Vernon this summer" he chuckles.

I let out a light chuckle then ask the waitress for the check. Once we're out of the pub we have a conversation full of laughs and smiles walking back to Hogwarts.

"Well I'm going to the quidditch pitch, care to join me?" he offers.

"I actually wanted to catch up on some homework, thank you though" I shamefully lie.

We head off our own ways and the guilt and hatred for myself and Voldemort swirls around in my body.

"Turn the fucking lightbulb on in your head and focus, or else you're going to die"

Draco's words fill my head, making me remember he's in the room of requirement. I make my way to the room of requirement and sneak in, searching the room. I hear a low mumbling and quietly walk towards it.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus" he chants, pointing his wand at a large dark cabinet.

The cabinet shakes but the frustration on his face shows that it meant nothing happened. I take another step closer and a stray twig snaps underneath my foot.

"Who's there?!" Draco shouts, pointing his wand out towards my direction.

"Draco, it's only me" I quietly say.

He lowers his wand and disregards me. I sit down on a couch near him and watch him chant the spell over and over again.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus" he slowly chants.

The cabinet just rumbles then falls silent again.

"Fuck!" he yells, kicking the leg of the couch I was sitting on.

I flinch, scared he was going to let his anger out on me. He then plops himself down on the couch besides me.

"Have you even got anywhere with your task?" he asks me.

His voice isn't sweet or calming; it's intimidating and angry.

"Yeah actually.." I trail off.

"Go off and write a letter to your daddy then, I'm ACTUALLY busy" he spits at me.

I flinch at his words then quickly leave back to my dorm. If I just act submissive to Draco maybe it will stress him out less..

I grab a piece of parchment and begin writing.

~~~

Axel,

I have information on Harry Potter discovering certain horcruxes; if it's better said in person than on letter I'd like to ask you to apparate me to the manor.

Sincerely,
Cassandra Potter

~~~

I was ashamed to write my last name..my cousins last name on a piece of paper written with betrayal all over it. Surprisingly I got a letter back within seconds.

~~~

Cassandra,

Please meet me at Borgin and Burke's in an hour. Thank you dear.

Your father,
Axel Cottrell

~~~

I get dressed in black skinny jeans and a black long sleeve shirt. I throw on a Gryffindor jacket, planning on leaving it at Borgin and Burke's. I just want this all to be over with and for the people I love to be safe. I'm praying it can end that way.