chapter three.

Cassandra's POV

I wake up to Hermione talking and try my best to cover my ears to get more sleep. She keeps on mumbling something but I don't know what it is.

"Hermione can you please just be a little more quieter, I'm trying to sl-" I cut myself off when I see what she's doing.

She's making something that's on fire levitate.

"Oh I'm sorry, it's just the placement test begins in an hour" she apologizes.

My jaw is dropped as I'm seeing everything she's doing.

"What have you not seen magic before?" she lightly chuckles.

I shake my head and her jaw then drops.

"You can keep on practicing, I'm sorry I'm just not a morning person. Can I maybe..watch you?" I say in shock.

"Yeah of course" she smiles.

I watch her wave her wand and make what looks like a piece of paper levitate.

"Where's your wand? I could teach you some basics" she says.

"I don't have one" I respond.

"What?! You're in Hogwarts and you don't have a wand or anything?!" she exclaims.

I shrug my shoulders.

"If I were you I'd go talk to Dumbledore before first class" she suggests.

"Alright, um thanks" I respond, smiling.

I throw on a black sweatshirt and gray leggings then get ready for the day. I do my eyebrows then apply mascara and eyeliner, ready for whatever comes at me today. Hermione offers to walk with me to his office and I gladly accept since I don't know my way around here. She gives me a short tour of where classes and our common room is and we're getting along really well.

"Where's your robes Potter? Or sorry I mean Cassandra Potter" I hear someone behind me say emphasizing my name in American accent.

"Shove off Draco" Hermione spits back.

I look back at him and he examines my body and face.

"What, never seen an American girl? Wipe your drool" I scoff.

"Whatever, you're still a Potter. A no good, annoying, know it all Potter" Draco defends himself.

His friends laugh as he walks off with them.

"Umm so does Harry have like a reputation here?" I ask Hermione anxiously.

"Yeah he does I guess; all good things though. He is the 'chosen one'. I can explain it to you later since we're here finally" Hermione says, pointing to a pair of double doors.

I open the doors and shyly walk in seeing Dumbledore at a large desk.

"Ah Cassandra, how's your first day so far?" he asks.

"Um good I guess. I was told that I'm supposed to have a wand and robes and everything" I say.

"Oh my, yes that's what Hagrid should've done with you; I thought you were all set, my apologies" Dumbledore responds.

"It's alright, should I go see him or.." I trail off.

"Yes, if you exit the castle and walk towards the forbidden forest, his cottage is just outside of it" he says.

"Thank you" I smile at him.

I leave his office and attempt to find my way to Hagrid and I'm pretty sure I succeeded. In front of me stands a small cottage with a big garden in front. I walk up to the door and knock a couple of times. The door opens and a very tall man with a bushy beard is in front of me.

"Er hello, are you a first year?" he asks me.

"Um no, I'm actually a 4th year..Cassandra Potter" I smile awkwardly.

"Oh no, oh dear god. I've messed up! I've heard about you a long while ago Ms. Potter. You're here for your wand and all is that correct?" he asks me frantically.

"Yes" I respond.

"When I saw the last name Potter on who I needed to introduce to the wizarding world I thought it was a mistake meant for your cousin, Harry. Well there's no time to waste, off to Diagon Alley" he responds.

All of a sudden there's a small tingling in my body and I'm at a busy shopping center. I gasp, analyzing my surroundings.  

"Now to get your money from the bank" Hagrid says, motioning for me to follow him.

We walk up to a building named 'Gringotts Wizarding Bank' and he walks me inside.

"Umm I don't have any money that I know of here..isn't there a Visa ATM nearby?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, a what?" Hagrid asks confused.

"Never mind.." I respond embarrassed.

There's goblin looking creatures surrounding us on very tall desks. We walk to the very end and Hagrid talks to one of the goblins. After a while two bags are dropped down to me. I peek inside of one and it's pure gold. I cover my mouth, surprised at what I'm holding. We make our way out of the bank and that's when I let my excitement out.

"How did I get this?!! This is pure gold" I jump up and down.

"Your mother left it for you, she saved up for a long while" he responds.

After that interaction I buy my robes, my broom, my books, and a wand that's made out of Hornbeam wood, has a unicorn hair core, has supple flexibility, and is around 9 inches. As I leave the wand shop Hagrid comes up to me with a crate.

"I assumed that you would take a cat over a toad or rat. They didn't have any owls at the shop so my apologies if that's your preference" he smiles widely.

"Thank you so much! He's mine?" I ask.

"All yours Potter" he chuckles.

I examine the beautiful black and gray tabby kitten in front of me. There was a magical sparkle to his green eyes.

"Well we ought to get back to Hogwarts now, can't miss your first day" he says.

We teleport to the front of my dorm room.

"Get your necessities and then be off to class" he says.

"Wait but my schedu-" he disappears before I can finish my sentence.

I walk into my dorm and let my cat out while I organize my belongings. I put on my robes and equip my wand in my pocket. I look on my bed and there it is, my schedule. Now I'm prepared to be in Hogwarts.