chapter thirty-nine.

Cassandra's POV

I wake up and look around me noticing it's still light out. When Fred dropped me off at my dorm I just went back to sleep. I get up, regaining feeling in my legs then decide to take a shower. I quickly dry my hair and put on some light makeup. I get dressed in a black and white striped crop top and black ripped jeans. I probably freaked Draco out after waking up from my night terror; I just need to see him. As I make my way towards the Slytherin common room I keep on thinking about my interaction with my..father. I make my way up to the boys dorm and faintly hear yelling. I rush over to Draco's door only to find out that's where it's coming from. I barge in and see him throwing stuff around.

"Muffliato" I chant, silencing his dorm to the outside ears.

Draco turns to me with dark and angry eyes; eyes that I'm always intimidated by.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Leave" he says with a dark and stern voice; almost as if he's about to break.

"No, tell me what's going on" I reply.

"LEAVE CASSANDRA FUCKING LISTEN TO ME" he screams at me.

My body flinches as his fists clench up. I slowly walk towards him and he steps back.

"I CAN HURT YOU CASSANDRA LEAVE NOW!!" he screams at me again.

I step back more and he grabs a lamp, throwing it across his room.

"Draco please jus-"

He interrupts me by stomping towards me. I freeze in fear, not knowing what to do. He shoves my body lightly back over and over again.

"GET OUT!" he yells.

My only response is to hug him around his waist.

"Draco just stop please, talk to me" I beg.

"NO" he yells, pushing me back to the wall.

I hang my head low, not wanting to see him so angry; although when I finally lift my head up it's not anger in his eyes anymore, it's tears and fear. I walk up to him again and pin his arms down while hugging him as he cries into my shoulder.

"You can't be near me anymore" he chokes out. 

"No Draco, why" I ask quietly.

"I can't tell you" he cries.

"You can, I won't judge" I respond.

"No..I just can't, I really can't" he says.

"I'll tell you something I wanted to keep if you tell me what's wrong" I say.

"No, it's not like a dumb little secret..this is huge" he says, pulling back.

"Tell me Draco" I demand.

"I'm a danger to you.." he says.

"No you're not Draco, I can fend for myself" I respond, letting out a light chuckle.

"Oh yeah, like that time with Pansy? Blaise? There's countless times where I-"

"Shut up Draco!" I yell.

Rage fills his body once again and he grabs his left sleeve then pulls it up. A bold death eater mark is engraved onto his forearm.

"There..are you happy now?" he spits at me, gritting his teeth.

"Draco I-"

"No! There isn't a 'Draco this' or 'Draco that' you're supposed to leave me! I'm a death eater and I-"

"My father is Axel Cottrell..he asked me to become one yesterday" I interrupt him.

His expression drops and his face displays shock over rage. I go over to his bed and lay down as he follows me. He places my head on his chest and strokes my hair.

"How did you find out" Draco asked.

"Travers apparated me to somewhere and he told me I needed to make a choice..he said it's the only way he can be in my life" I respond numbly.

"Well you don't need any more death eaters in your life..one is plenty" he responds.

"But I'll have a real parent..a dad" I say.

"You don't want this..you'll leave everyone behind Cassandra. Hermione, Fred, George, and especially Harry..they want to kill Harry" he says.

"You're all I need Draco I-"

"Are you kidding me? You're being selfish. I was chosen for this..I don't want any part of this. You're telling me you would leave your happiness behind to have a father in your life who's already murdered your mother and left you behind?" he lectures me.

"Excuse me? I'm my own person right? I never said I was going to..just thinking about it" I respond.

"Make the right choice" he grunts.

"Can we just put this behind us..everything you know. I don't want things to change" I say.

"Umm...yeah. I'll try" he responds.

He continues to stroke my hair as I trace shapes onto his torso. I fall asleep in his arms feeling safe and vulnerable..in a comfortable way.