chapter thirty.

Cassandra's POV

George's arm is wrapped around my shoulder almost the whole way back to our common room. We walk in and Hermione and Ron are sitting across from each other in front of the fireplace. Their eyes dart to us and widen noticing how close together we are.

"Hey" I simply say, smiling to them.

"Umm hey" Hermione laughs and smiles.

We both sit on the couch and he places his arm around me.

"Well..have you figured anything else about your father-"

"Hermione" I interrupt her, signaling for her to keep quiet about it.

"Sorry" she silently mouths to me.

There's a few moments of awkward silence until Ron stands up.

"Well Hermione we ought to go study back in my dorm yeah?" Ron interrupts the silence.

"Erm yeah..study" she smirks at him.

I smirk at her knowing what's really going to happen in his dorm. They walk off and leave George and I alone in the Gryffindor common room.

"Well.." he says.

He puts his hand on my thigh and leans in to kiss me. Instantly I kiss him back roughly, breaking the sexual tension. Soon enough he's on top of me, exploring my mouth with his tongue. He runs his hands up my waist slowly until I grab his hand, tightly placing it on my throat. I moan into our kiss as he lightly squeezes my throat. His smirk presses against my lips resulting in him pulling away and sitting up on the couch. I straddle myself onto his lap and continue making out with him, my hands running through his hair. He tightly grips both of my thighs, making me tense up and smile into our kiss. I put my left arm on the top of the couch, accidentally slamming my scar hard into the wood.

"Fuck!" I groan.

George looks at me with concern and places me down next to him.

"Are you alright?" he says concerned, examining my bandages.

I nod my head as I wince in pain.

"Could I see it possibly.." he asks me.

"It's horrible George I-"

"It's fine...your bandage has to come off sooner or later anyway, might as well try to accept it" he says to me.

I stare at him then give in, unwrapping my bandages. I hold my bare arm out for him to see and his jaw drops.

"Yeah that was Hermione's reaction as well" I sigh.

"No, it's not too noticeable..I just never knew it was so deep..you're flesh and muscle" he says, staring deep into my skin.

I quickly wrap it back up, embarrassed.

"I'm just gonna go back to my dorm" I nervously smile, standing up.

"Hey" he says, grabbing my hand.

I turn around to him and we lock eyes.

"You're still the most beautiful girl at Hogwarts" he lightly chuckles.

I smile at him and peck a kiss onto his lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I say, walking up to my dorm.

I walk in seeing that it's completely empty besides Hermione and I's cats cuddling together on her bed. Hermione is probably going to sleep in Ron's dorm tonight. I walk to the bathroom and wash my makeup off then brush my teeth. I stare at my face in the mirror for about five minutes, tripping myself out. I want change..I don't like the way I look right now. I grab the extra box of black hair dye I bought under the sink and decide to waste it on only my light brown eyebrows. I carefully shape the dye onto my eyebrows and let it sit for about 20 minutes as I paint my nails a forest green color. I take the dye off and shave a slit into my right eyebrow, already looking a bit different. I grab a pair of scissors out of the counter drawer and decide to give myself curtain bangs which turned out surprisingly good. I part my hair down the middle and try a new makeup look consisting of thick winged eyeliner, nude lipstick, a couple coats of mascara, a small amount of dark brown eyeshadow, and a more arched eyebrow shape. I look in the mirror and a huge smile spreads across my face; it was sort of fun being a little less recognizable..it was like I'm just now creating a new me. My body starts to get exhausted as I slouch over the small mirror I have been staring into for the past 15 minutes. I wipe all of my makeup off and drift off to sleep, with no thoughts or dreams.