chapter six.

Cassandra's POV

I eventually see the sun rise and acknowledge that class will start in about 2 hours. I take the time I have to take a shower, straighten my hair, and do a full makeup look consisting of foundation, concealer, eyebrow product, lip gloss, mascara, contour, and eyeliner. I surprisingly made it look fairly natural, not too over the top. I check the time and it's 8am. I want to ask Dumbledore if I can take a placement test for my charms class; I really do think I'm at a more advanced level than I was at the start. I put on my robes and walk to his office. There was very few wizards and witches walking around, more so a lot of professors. I make it to Dumbledore's office and quietly walk inside.

"Hello Cassandra, nice to see you this morning" Dumbledore says.

"Goodmorning, I was wondering if I could take a placement test for my spells class. I've been self teaching myself all night long and Hermione has taught me a few spells so I think I should be placed at a higher class. Maybe second or third year spells?" I ask with hope.

"Cassandra it's the fourth day into the school year, I don't-.....well I suppose you could take a test. I'll have you skip your charms class to take that test with Professor Flitwick" he replies.

"Thank you so much" I reply with a big smile.

"Of course Cassandra, you're a Potter. I already see potential in your spirit" he nods with a smile.

I smile back at him surprised then leave his office. Everyone is already roaming the halls for their classes; I check the time and it's 8:40am. I walk to potions class and hardly anyone was there so I choose a random seat.

"You're early Potter" Snape says from behind me.

"I'm sorry, is this a bad time to be early?" I respond.

"Not at all..better than being late" he says, returning to the front of the class.

I start drawing random scribbles on my parchment paper until someone interrupts me.

"You draw eh? Looks pretty rubbish" Draco chuckles from behind me.

"Oh my god you scared me. It's not like I'm trying to be Picasso anyway" I respond.

He pulls the chair out next to me and sits down.

"So, I have my quidditch game this evening and I was thinking that you should come watch; then I could teach you some spells or give you a tour around the castle afterwards" he smirks.

"You're acting suspicious..also aren't I supposed to cheer on MY house?" I chuckle.

"Well I said I'd help you out a couple days ago didn't I?" Draco says defensively.

"I don't need your help Draco" I sigh, returning to my drawing.

"Are you sure?" he asks me.

He puts his hand over my paper and leans his body into mine all while staring into my eyes. I swallow hardly, staring back into his eyes.

"Shove off Draco, how about you try to go bully someone in Slytherin house" Hermione says, approaching me from behind.

Draco pulls away, still looking into my eyes. I smirk at him and he playfully rolls his eyes, finding a seat on the other side of the room.

"I've got you the sleeping draught" she smiles, holding up a small bottle.

My face shows relief and excitement as she hands it to me. I look over to Snape and he's distracted by reading a book. I quickly chug it down then gag at the strong taste. I hear Draco snicker from across the room.

"God does Malfoy ever stop drooling over you; he's like obsessed!" Hermione rolls her eyes, putting her books down next to me.

Ron sits next to me and the class finally begins. I feel Ron's foot hit my leg and jump a little. I look over to him and he slides me a piece of parchment.

~~~
I was wondering if you'd want to hangout with me after the quidditch match today. I can show you some spells
~~~

I begin to write a response on the same piece of parchment.

~~~
I'd love to but I kind of have something planned today. Another time I'd love to though
~~~

I push my notebook towards him and disappointment fills his face. He looks up to me and I mouth "sorry" with a faint smile. The class ends and now it's time for my placement test. I begin to walk down the hall and Professor Flitwick stops me before I can make it to his classroom. While taking my test I'm getting surprised reactions from Professor Flitwick.

"You're spells look brilliant, I'm surprised you had the ability. I'll put you in the charms class consisting of 3rd years and 4th years only if you promise me to try out a few new spells during this week so you can be fully caught up" Professor Flitwick tells me.

"Thank you so much, you won't regret it" I smile.

After I'm finished with all of my classes I walk back to the Gryffindor common room. Hermione sees me and runs up to me.

"You're going to the quidditch game right?" she asks me, smiling.

"I almost forgot, yeah I am" I smile.

"Well come on, let's get out of those robes and into something nice" she chuckles, pulling me to our dorm.

I look through my closet and find some black leggings and a fitted grey crop top. I grab my ankle high boots and a black and white flannel to throw over it. I touch my makeup up and brush through my hair.

"You look good. Let's go now, we're about to be late" Hermione says, pulling me out of the dorm.

I walk out to see Ron, George, and Fred waiting for us.

"You look very nice Cassandra" Ron blushes.

"Thanks" I respond, blushing.

"Alright love birds, we can't be late" George and Fred chuckle.

We all make our way to the quidditch stadium and Hermione seems like she's in a bad mood. I let Ron, Fred, and George go in front and slow down to talk to her.

"Are you okay? You seem upset" I ask.

"You know Ron fancies you right?" she says annoyed.

"I couldn't really tell..do you like him?" I ask.

"No I-...I don't know!" she snaps.

I could tell that she does. I mean I think Ron is really sweet and cute but if Hermione likes him I can't keep on having any romantic interest in him.

"Well just so you know I blew him off for hanging out after the match today. So since he'll be free for a while I suggest you go ahead and hangout at The Leaky Cauldron" I say, nudging her shoulder with mine.

Her face lightens up a little and she nods her head. We then approach a ginormous stadium with two rings at each end. We find our seats and out comes Harry and his team on broomsticks. I look over to the other side of the stadium and there's Draco on his broom with his classic cocky grin.