chapter twenty-one.

Cassandra's POV

By the time we're all back it's about to be dusk and time for dinner. I walk to my dorm and put concealer on my bruise then change into a sweater and leggings. I walk down to dinner and sit down at the Gryffindor table next to Harry and Ron.

"Why's your lip messed up?" Ron asks me.

I'm glad the news didn't get out at least.

"I fell" I smile lightly.

I feel a tapping on my shoulder behind me. I turn around and Draco's leaning over to me from his table. He hands me my folded up robes that were hidden in his lap to me then scans the room to make sure no one noticed. He motions his fingers to his lips, basically telling me to keep quiet about it. I smile at him and turn back to the table.

"Are you and Hermione okay? When you sat down she started keeping to herself" Harry whispers to me.

I shrug my shoulders and look down at my plate of food. It's best that I apologize to her for lashing out only because she wanted to protect me. Dinner ends and I walk back to my dorm with Harry until I'm pulled into a room, following with the door slamming shut.

"Let me go!" I say, attempting to squirm out of the person's grip.

"Lumos" I hear Draco say.

His wand lights the small closet up and I feel relief knowing he's the one in here with me.

"What was today about? First you get yourself into trouble with Pansy and then you go off with the Weasley brothers doing who knows what" he argues with me.

"Fred convinced me to take the potion in class today, I wouldn't of said that stuff out of nowhere if I was..sober I guess. Also I couldn't just make a fool out of myself and bluff then wimp out in a fight" I respond.

"Alright...answer my question about those bloody Weasleys" he demands.

"It was nothing, they wanted to keep me away from school for a while so the potion could wear off" I respond.

He pauses and looks down at the ground then looks back up to me.

"You got cut up quite a bit...but not as bad as Pansy, her face is ruined" he chuckles.

I smile, looking down and he pulls my chin back up.

"I don't want you to leave me. I need you here...although you looked badass in that fight" he smiles.

I exchange a small smile and stare into his eyes. He leans in and kisses me softly, caressing my cheek. I kiss back lightly, trying to spare my sore lip.

"Spend tonight in my dorm again? There's no class tomorrow so we won't be so frantic" he says quietly to me.

I smile and nod my head. We walk out of the closet we were in and luckily we weren't spotted by anyone.

"Let me just grab a few things from my dorm, I'll sneak over to the common room" I tell him as I walk towards my dorm.

I walk in and see Hermione studying on her bed. She looks up at me and gives me a faint smile and I exchange one back. I grab my hair brush, toothbrush, some makeup, and a change of clothes then shove them in a small bag.

"Where are you off to?" Hermione asks me quietly.

"Just a..it's not really important" I laugh nervously.

"I'm really sorry for snapping at you about Draco's letter..you were only trying to protect me and be a good friend but I didn't recognize that immediately. I hope we can put this behind us because I'm ready to" I say quietly.

"It's alright Cassandra..you were under stress, I understand" she replies.

I smile and nod my head.

"Have fun at Draco's..be safe" she lightly smiles.

I widen my eyes in shock that she knew then let out a nervous smile. I sneak my way into the Slytherin common room and wait for Draco. It's been about 10 minutes and I'm still here, alone and anxious of getting caught.

"Cassandra" I hear Draco yell whisper.

I jolt my head around and Draco's at the end of the boys dorm stairs with only sweatpants on. I follow him up to his dorm and place my bag on the ground next to his door. He suddenly picks me up by my waist and spins me around causing me to let out a playful laugh. He throws me on the bed and starts tickling my sides, making my legs kick around.

"Dracoo!" I laugh.

He's laughing with me and I try my best to tickle his side as well then his whole body jerks to the left.

"Bloody hell Cassandra" he laughs, getting on the bed with me.

By now we're play fighting and he's on top of me trying to pin my arms down as I squirm out of his grip. I attempt to crawl over to the other side of his huge bed but he grabs my waist and throws me down onto his sheets. He hovers over me, staring deep into my eyes. He kisses me roughly and I wince in pain. Instantly he pulls back with concern on his face.

"Did you not want that or-"

"No, you're fine. It's just my lip still hurts" I cut him off.

"I would do a healing spell on you but I don't have much experience..I wouldn't want to mess up and destroy your gorgeous face" he chuckles.

I smile widely at him and he lays down next to me.

"Christmas break is coming up..are you going back home for that?" I ask him.

"Most likely yes, aren't you?" he asks me.

"No..if I was there at my so called home I'd be spending Christmas making dinner and wrapping presents for my cousin Dudley" I roll my eyes.

"You mean you don't get to enjoy Christmas or have presents?" he asks me.

"I've had one Christmas where I got a couple of presents..the foster homes I've been to weren't the best" I quietly reply.

"Well then I'll have to stay here with you" he says.

"What? No, I want you to enjoy the break. I'll be fine just spending time with Harry" I reply.

"Bloody hell I wouldn't call that a good time necessarily" he chuckles.

I shrug my shoulders and smile.

"I'll show you how Christmas is properly spent" he says.

A feeling of nostalgia fills my stomach as I smile and cuddle up against his chest. I eventually give in to my heavy eyelids and let myself drift off to sleep.