chapter twenty-six.

~~~
After the Holidays
~~~

Draco's POV

I take my first step back into Hogwarts after Christmas and New Year's with my family. Pansy runs up to me and greets me with a small kiss on my lips which I don't exchange back. My father suggested that I date someone in my own house and since he's friends with Pansy's father he basically smothered me with the idea of dating her so here I am. I walk back to my dorm and organize all of my clothes and such. I see my sweater that I let Cassandra borrow neatly folded on my bed. I slowly grab it and smell it. Coconut, sweet ginger, and vanilla. Her scent brings back memories in my head; the first time we kissed, when we snuck out to the astronomy tower, our trip to the Muggle World, and finally when I betrayed her last...I hear my door open and turn around. There's Pansy in a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"Finally some privacy" she smirks, walking towards me.

She lightly pushes my back into the wall as she kisses me. I push her off as her lips connect to mine and she's obviously pissed.

"I-I just need a moment..kind of overwhelming coming back" I nervously laugh.

She gives me a suspicious look and leaves my dorm. We've never had sex only because her touch, lips, and skin aren't the same to Cassandra's at all. It feels like I'm cheating even though we aren't with each other. I pull on a sweater and a pair of pants then make my way over to the Gryffindor common room to see her. I barge inside and scan everywhere, not seeing any sign of her. I walk up to George and ask him where she is.

"I saw her walking towards the The Leaky Cauldron last but it seems she doesn't want any involvement with ANYONE really" he tells me.

I storm outside and walks towards the Leaky Cauldron through the path buried in thick snow. On my way I see this girl with jet black hair stumbling her way back towards Hogwarts. I ignore it until I hear the girl's voice.

"Oh, Draco!" she chuckles.

I turn around and recognize it's Cassandra with dyed hair.

"C-Cassandra?" I stutter.

She just laughs, staring at me. Is she drunk?

"Are you drunk or something?" I ask her.

"Not yet" she smirks.

"Cassandra get yourself inside, sober up an-"

"Don't tell me what to do Malfoy..I was already on my way to do that" she spits at me.

My jaw lightly drops as she passes me in the snow. What's happened to her? I need to ask Harry, he's the only one that could know since he was the only one that I believed spent all his time this break with her. I make my way towards the Gryffindor common room again and see Harry walking in the halls.

"Potter!" I say behind him.

He turns around and his eyes roll as he waits for me to catch up.

"What's happened to Cassandra" I whisper to him.

"I don't know really. Ever since Holiday break she's been..not sober I'd say. She's distant and quiet..you've got something to do with it I swear Malfoy" he responds, looking at me with a disgusted face.

I run back to my dorm and sit inside all day. Maybe I have ruined her?