chapter eight.

Cassandra's POV

I wake up and feel exhausted already. I walk to the bathroom and see that my eyes are red and puffy. I wash my face and only put on eyebrow product. I walk to my closet and put on my black skirt, black leggings, skin tight long sleeve shirt, and tie. I look in the mirror and all I see is my brittle bones; I'm very skinny. It gave me a small burst of confidence. I brush my loose curls out and walk to class.

Dracos POV

I walk to potions class and see the back of Cassandra slouching in her seat. I walk up next to her and start my attempt to talk to her about yesterday.

"Um Cassandra? If you want to talk about yesterday we can always talk after class. I'm r-"

"Go away Draco" she mumbles, looking at me.

Her eyes are red and puffy as if she's been crying all night long. What have I done?

"Can you please just explain to me?" I beg.

"Stop acting like you give a fuck Malfoy" she says, turning away from me.

I give her space and sit on the other side of the room. Class starts and I can't keep my eyes off of her; she has these dark and sad eyes staring into her parchment paper as she scribbled a drawing. Right as Snape dismisses class she's the first one out the door. What are you doing, why is she such a worry to you? A Potter AND a mudblood? Get over it Draco. I walk to my charms class and surprisingly Cassandra is there, drawing on parchment yet again. I write her a note on parchment.

~~~
When are you in this class? I thought you were only starting charms
-Draco
~~~

I send the note across the classroom and it lands on her parchment paper. She opens it and only looks at me. I give up, I just need to try and focus on class. All of a sudden a piece of parchment flies at my head and annoyance fills my face. I look over to Cassandra and she points to Hermione, shrugging. Hermione just gives me a rude face. I open the parchment.

~~~
I took a placement test and I guess I'm a 'natural' at spells. Can we meet in the room or requirement after classes please
-Cassandra
~~~

It must've been Hermione that sent the letter over to me for her. I look back at her and nod my head. After that my classes all flew by and I'm finding myself on the way to the room of requirement in no time.

Cassandra's POV

I walk up and open the room of requirement doors just how Hermione showed me. I wait and wait and there's still no Draco; I knew he'd blow me off. All of a sudden the doors open and I jump back, startled. Draco walks through the doors and I slowly stand up.

"What would you like to talk about?" Draco asks.

"Umm yesterday, I'm sorry you had to see that. It makes people think less of me and it's really not pretty or-"

I'm cut off completely by Draco grabbing my face and kissing me. I kiss back and it's like fireworks going off in my head. He pulls back and stares into my eyes.

"I don't think any less of you and you're just as pretty and beautiful as when I first saw you" he says sincerely.

I blush while lust fills my eyes. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him; he kisses back even harder. After a few seconds, he attempts to push his tongue into my mouth. I deny it and he obviously wouldn't take no for an answer as he bit my bottom lip. I let his tongue in and it was a very forceful fight for dominance between both of our tongues. He pulls my waist tightly close to him and I gasp at the sudden touch. My nails softly dig into his back as he tugs on my hair. Out of nowhere we hear the doors begin to open.

"Shit!" I gasp after we pull away.

Draco drags me through a door into another room. We look back making sure no one was coming for us. He then pushes me into a wall off guard and slams his lips back onto mine. We kiss for a moment then begin to hear Professor Snape and Ms. McGonagall's voice in the main room of requirement.

"We should go just in case" I say, pulling away.

Draco nods then we both head off back to the hallway. As we enter the hallway again familiar voices behind us start laughing.

"What were you doing with Potter all alone Draco?" Goyle laughs.

Draco pauses and stands there in panic. All of a sudden he pushes me back into a wall and puts his wand up to my neck.

"Just was giving her the proper greeting we give to Potters" he spits at me, grinning.

"Don't say a word" he whispers to me.

"You're bloody nothing Potter" Goyle says, walking by me.

Draco shoves me to the ground and joins walking off with his 'friends'. He then looks back at me with sorrowful eyes. What the fuck just happened. I pick myself up and start walking to my dorm. Once I get inside I put my robes on and get ready for dinner. Hermione and I walk to the dining hall on time and sit next to Harry, Ron, and the twins. I decide to eat a roll and some mashed potatoes. Why would Draco just bully me right when we got out into the hallway? Is he embarrassed of me because I'm Harry's cousin or is it because I'm a Gryffindor?

"Oi, Cassandra what's on your mind?" the twins ask me.

"N-nothing" I stutter, snapping back to reality.

"You are going to have more aren't you?" Harry whispers to me from across the table.

"God Harry the only time you talk to me is when it's about eating. You were supposed to help me through this Hogwarts stuff but the only help I've had has been Hermione!" I snap, throwing my spoon down.

I get up and excuse myself from the dining hall. I'm at my breaking point right now; everything and everyone is pissing me off. It feels like I'm in a universe where I'm not welcomed and I don't belong. I yell out in frustration and anger in the middle of the hallway. All of a sudden Draco comes from behind a corner.

"What happened?" he asks me.

"God Malfoy, could you stop stalking me? You treat me like shit in front of Goyle and now you're acting like you care?!" I yell at him.

"Do you think I want people knowing I kissed you Potter? Don't be silly, I have a reputation around here. Just because I kissed you doesn't mean I meant it" he spits at me.

"Get away from her Draco" Hermione says sternly behind him.

Draco mean mugs Hermione and walks back to the dining hall. I start crying and Hermione runs over to comfort me. We both walk back to our dorm and she lets me vent.

"He kissed you? Did he force it on you? Did you not want it?" Hermione asks concerned.

"No Hermione, the thing is I really did want it. I like him so much and he's been nice and flirty to me the past couple of days until we finally kissed..it was amazing. Then we saw Goyle roaming the halls and he laughed at us so he pinned me to the wall then threw me down" I cried.

She hugs me and I hug her back, crying into her shoulder.

"I don't know what to say but no one should ever treat you like that. Any guy is lucky to have you even talk to them, you're gorgeous, kind, and fun" she smiles at me.

"Thank you" I sniffle.

We decide to just talk all night long about random things, cheering me up. It feels as it was 2 am when we finally fell asleep. Hermione is the best friend I could ever ask for.