chapter fourteen.

Cassandra's POV

I wake up feeling lifeless; I walk to the bathroom and splash water on my face then brush my teeth. I throw on a plain grey sweatshirt and black leggings then walk over to Dumbledore's office. I enter shamefully and he gets up.

"What will my detention be today Professor Dumbledore" I sigh.

"You'll be going in Professor Snape's office for punishment. Don't worry, it won't be long" Dumbledore says.

I walk over to Snape's classroom and quietly enter.

"Finally you're here. All you need to do is grade some students papers. There's an answer key on that desk for you" he says, pointing to a desk with a stack of papers.

I sit down and start, eventually finishing in about 30 minutes. I place the stack on his desk then sit back down.

"That's all, you're dismissed Ms. Potter" Snape says.

"Who was my father" I ask.

"Excuse me?" he says, acting confused.

"You told me that I reminded you of my father yesterday. Who is he?" I ask again.

"I don't recall that Cassandra, please go back to your common room" he avoids the subject.

"A backstory, an explanation of what happened after I was born, his name even please. I have questioned my whole life who my parents were..just tell me his name" I choke up.

He pauses for a moment then finally clears his throat.

"He was a pure blood Syltherin that abused his powers" he says, focusing on his papers.

"What's his name though?" I ask.

"Go to your dorm Cassandra" he spits at me.

I walk out of his classroom and go to the Gryffindor common room to find Harry to see if he knows anything; luckily he's sitting there alone.

"Harry, do you know about the my dad or anything?" I ask him.

"I would've told you if I did..my godfather, Sirius Black may know" he whispers.

"Could you maybe take me to see Serius? Snape said he knew my father" I plead.

"Yeah, yeah of course" he says.

"When can we?" I ask.

"How about right now?" he smiles.

We walk outside and he grabs my hand; he then says a small chant and everything spins at 600 miles per hour like the first time I came to Hogwarts. We arrive at the front steps of a large house and Harry knocks on the door. All of a sudden this tall man with long black hair opens the door, welcoming us inside.

"Who's this Harry?" Sirius raises his eyebrows.

"I'm his cousin, Cassandra. I just wanted to ask you a question" I introduce myself.

"Hold on a minute..Cassandra Potter?" he says.

He pauses for a long moment in thought.

"It's so nice to see you!!" he cheers.

He runs over to me and embraces me in a tight hug. I awkwardly and uncomfortably hug back.

"I used to be a friend of your father's bloody hell..your father, he was special I guess you could say. He had this obsession along with a gift in dark magic. I don't want to say his name because getting involved with people that're into dark magic isn't always safe" he said.

My face shows complete confusion as I hardly know what he's talking about.

"She's a new witch..her letter was three years late, she doesn't really know much history of the Wizarding World" Harry explains.

"Well then I ought to try to explain a lot to you. Would you like a water? Do you drink?" he asks.

"I'm okay, thank you" I chuckle.

I could already tell he was fun and laid back. I sat there for the rest of the day having conversations on conversations with Sirius. Harry left about 30 minutes in because he was bored. It felt really good to have a family member that I got along with; I haven't been this happy in a while.

Hermione's POV

It's about 7pm and I'm currently searching the castle for Draco. I find him outside hanging out with his group of menacing friends.

"Malfoy!" I yell.

His attention alerts to me then he rolls his eyes. I pull my wand out by my side, ready to defend myself.

"What is wrong with you?! How can you treat Cassan-"

"Are you trying to scare me Mudblood? Give this to Cassandra and let her read it first before you start making any rash decisions" he grits through his teeth angrily.

He's holding a couple pieces of parchment under his waist for me to grab. I snatch it out of his hands then walk back to my dorm to see if Cassandra would even like to read it.