chapter forty-nine.

*SH TRIGGER WARNING AT END OF CHAPTER*

Cassandra's POV

I walk out of the quidditch pitch alone because I stayed behind to have a quick chat with Harry about quidditch. I walk towards the school and stumble upon Hermione pushing her wand into Draco's throat while he's up against a tree.

"If you ever put another hand on Cassandra or raise your voice at her ever again you'll regret it" George spits at Draco, next to Hermione.

Hermione lowers her wand and George pushes Draco onto the ground. Right as George is about to hit Draco's face he rolls over, having George stumble to the ground. His hand collided with George's nose and that's when I knew I had to interfere.

"Hey!" I yell, walking towards them in a hurry.

It's just back and forth punches to each of their faces. When I get over to them Draco is on top of George, about to throw another punch. I try to pull him off with all my strength but he pushes me back with his elbow colliding into my shoulder. The wind gets knocked out of me and I fall to the ground. George gets on top of Draco and starts pummeling his face in.

"Don't you fucking hurt her!!" George yells.

I get back up and begin pulling George off with the help of Hermione. After we successfully pull him off Draco has blood smeared all over his lower face. I look back at George and his nose is bleeding along with a bruise already forming on his cheekbone.

"I didn't mean for this to happen, I'm sorry Cassandra" Hermione sincerely says.

"I didn't mean to hit you, I swear Cassandra" Draco pleads.

"Did you not mean to throw the first punch at George as well?!" I yell at him.

All I can hear is George and Draco breathing heavily.

"Fuck off Draco..seriously...I need a break from us" I say to him, defeat forming in his eyes.

I walk off with Hermione and George back to Hogwarts. We decide to just take George to the common room because it wasn't too severe for him to be taken to the hospital wing.

"I'll go get Fred and Ron" Hermione says, walking up to the boys dorms.

I help George onto the couch then lay my legs on top of his thighs. I take the wet washcloth I grabbed earlier and clean up his nose and cheekbone.

"You really didn't have to do all of that" I tell him.

"Well I wanted to..no one disrespects or hurts the Gryffinqueen" George smiles.

I let out a small chuckle and continue wiping his face. I notice his arm is wrapped around me, supporting my back and immediately get flustered. I put down the washcloth after he's all cleaned up and smile at him.

"Your cheekbone is already bruising, your nose should be fine though. I never knew you could punch that har-"

He interrupts me by kissing me. I smile into the kiss and willing fully kiss back. He pulls my back closer to him with his arm and puts his hand on my cheek. We both gently pull away.

"You're done with Draco right?" George asks me.

"For now..definitely" I respond, leaning in to kiss him again.

This kiss felt so wrong but so right; my heart heated up like a campfire. I pull back and smile at him, staring into his light brown eyes.

"Umm, are we interrupting something?" Fred says behind us.

I jolt my attention towards the bottom of the staircase to see Hermione, Fred, and Ron standing there. My eyes widen and my cheeks burn up.

"No worries, we'll just go along-"

"No, umm..he's all cleaned up" I interrupt Ron.

George lets out a small laugh as I crawl off of his lap, sitting beside him. They all walk over to face George and shock appears on Ron and Fred's face.

"Blimey, he got you good" Ron gasps.

"I bet you got him better though" Fred smirks.

"Blood was running all down his face" George chuckles.

Fred high fives George and I roll my eyes, lightly smiling. We all sit in the common room and talk for what felt like hours. It felt good to be back with my friends, talking freely again. I look outside and it's pitch black.

"Well that's my cue to head off to my dorm. Hermione are you coming?" I ask, pointing to the large window.

"Yeah, I'll be up in a minute" she smiles at me.

I walk up to our dorm and immediately begin to change. I'm deciding what to wear to sleep until an owl interrupts me at the window. Oh great, what is it this time. I grab the letter from the owls mouth and open it on my bed.

~~~

Cassandra,

You and Draco have done an outstanding job at opening the cabinet so quickly. Lord Voldemort wasn't prepared for the cabinet to be repaired so soon so we will be attacking later this week. Be prepared.

Your father,
Axel Cottrell

~~~

This is what Draco meant...they're attacking Hogwarts. I hear the door open and immediately shove the letter under my pillow.

"So you've already moved on?" she asks me, smirking.

"Sorry what?" I ask her confused.

"George silly..you two are cute" she chuckles.

"No no, it's just old history coming back again..if I even want to move on I don't think I'll jump in a relationship THAT fast" I lightly chuckle, looking down at the ground.

"Well I'm going to take a shower" she says, walking towards the bathroom.

Right when I heard the bathroom door close I pull the letter out again.

'We will be attacking later this week. Be prepared.'

I just helped put an end to the lives of my peers, Hogwarts, and most importantly Harry. I hate myself so much..I hate this dark mark, and I hate my new life. I run to my dresser and grab my makeup bag on top of it. I rummage through my makeup, knowing what I want. I pull out my double sided eyeliner sharpener with the one blade loose. I open up the sharpener and grab the blade; it still had some dried blood on it from the last time I cut. I wipe off the dried blood on my dark bedsheets then stare at the sharp edge.

I lift up my left sleeve and stare at the bold, disgusting mark. I make cuts all over my mark, hoping it will only look like a jumbled, unrecognizable, fucked up tattoo. After my dissociated frenzy I put my blade and sharpener back where they belong. I look over to my wrist and it was a mess; a mess that still didn't cover my dark mark. My blood begins to drop onto the floor and I panic, looking for something to clean myself up with. I hear the shower shut off, signaling that Hermione is about to come out. I flip my bed cover over to the side that lays against my body then wipe my wrist vigorously onto it, wincing in pain. I then wipe the blood drops on the floor with my sock, hoping that cleaned it up.

I hear the door handle from the bathroom twist and immediately pull my sleeve down. Hermione walks out with a towel wrapped around her and I quickly make my way to the bathroom. I shut and lock it behind me then clean my wrist up, making sure it won't keep on bleeding through the night. After successfully cleaning myself up I walk back out to the bedroom.

"The past few days with Ron have been SO annoying, I'm glad to be back" Hermione laughs.

I smile at her then walk to my dresser, grabbing a grey hoodie and Gryffindor themed pajama shorts. I change into them, my back facing Hermione.

"We should finally go shopping tomorrow; either at Hogsmeade or the muggle world. It'll do you and I a favor, don't you think?" she says.

"Yeah, that'd be nice" I smile at her.

We both get into bed and eventually fall asleep. She's right, a day strictly for us is needed.