chapter four.

Cassandra's POV

I walk to my first class which was potions and luckily I'm not late. I see the blonde haired boy supposedly named Draco staring at me. It wasn't a hostile or judgmental stare, he just looked lost in thought. My attention goes to Ron as he shouts my name. I walk over and sit right next to him.

"I figured that you don't have a clue what's going on from your looks" he lightly chuckles.

"Goodmorning class, today we will be learning about and making the confusing concoction" the tall and very dark teacher named Profesor Snape said.

Throughout the class Ron helped me..or at least tried to.

"Where am I? Who am I?!" I hear a kid exclaim next to me.

"Calm down Neville, you're fine. This usually does wear off within 5 to 10 minutes" Profesor Snape says.

I laugh and sooner than later the class is over.

"What's your next class?" Ron asks me.

"Charms but I'm guessing I'll be with the first years" I say embarrassed.

"Well you could always come hangout with me sometime and I'll teach you some basics" he smirks.

"That'd be great" I lightly laugh while blushing.

I walk off to go to my next classes consisting of learning 'basic' spells, figuring out how to ride my broom, herbology, and learning the history of magic. I walk to my final class, Care of Magical Creatures. Harry motions for me to sit next to him, Hermione, and Ron. I scan the classroom and there's Draco staring at me again with some sort of passion. I ignore it and sit down; when I look back at Draco he's scowling at me. What does this boy want??

"Alright, today we will be having class outside. So if you all will grab your books and follow me we can start" Hagrid says, gathering papers and a bag.

The class follows behind him to an area with bright green grass and trees then Hagrid disappears into the woods to 'prepare for class'.

"God this place has gone to the dogs, wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes" Draco complains.

"Shut up Malfoy" Harry spits back.

"Ooooh" Draco and his friends chuckle.

"Does your sister have that same little attitude?" he says, looking at me.

"She's my cousin, go ask her" Harry responds.

Draco walks up to Harry and I right after he said that. Why does he have to put me on spotlight like that. I don't say anything I just give him a rude look.

"Well apparently she does. Might have to put you in check later Cassandra" Draco winks at me.

What was that about? All of a sudden Draco's face fills with fear as he starts to back up.

"Dementor! Dementor!" he yells, pointing at the sky.

Everyone jolts their heads behind them while I do the same; I'm just confused with all of this. I look back to see Draco and his friends laughing. Hermione pulls Harry away from the crowd and everyone is interrupted by Hagrid clearing his throat.

"Alright this is Buckbeak" Hagrid says, guiding a large creature out of the woods.

It was almost like a dragon mixed with an eagle; it was huge. I step back, terrified then cling onto Ron's arm as I move behind him slightly.

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron asks.

"That Ron, is a hippogriff; first thing you need to know is that you never want to insult a hippogriff, it may just be the last thing you ever do. Now, who'd like to come and say hello?" Hagrid says.

No one answers, they're all intimidated. The crowd backs up and only Harry is exposed up front.

"Harry why don't you come up here" Hagrid says.

Anxiety fills my body, what if it hurts Harry? Harry walks up to the hippogriff and it seems like it likes him. I don't know how I'll get used to this school that is basically like a fairy tale but I know I'm going to love it. A wide smile is across my face as happiness fills my body randomly. Draco and his friends push past everyone to the front to watch. He looks at me and smirks as he takes a bite out of his apple. Harry comes back to the group and Hagrid dismisses the class. I want to walk alone so I let everyone go ahead of me.

"So American Potter, is that attitude as bad as your cousin's?" I hear Draco say behind me as I walk back to my dorm alone.

"Fuck off Draco" I reply.

I never had any good experience with boys harassing me while I walk alone so I feel the need to make him go away the best I can.

"Wow excuse your language..is that regular school slang in America?" Draco laughs.

"Just because I'm American doesn't mean I'm different than anyone else here" I reply.

"Well you're a new witch aren't you? You're a year 3 in year 1 classes" he chuckles.

"Okay? What's the issue?" I respond.

"What I'm trying to say is maybe I can help you out alright" he says.

"You hate my family's last name so why would you want to help me" I laugh then roll my eyes.

"You're an American girl; I'm intrigued. Plus it's pretty pathetic seeing you terrified and clueless in class and the halls" he says.

"I'll consider your offer. Just let me go to my dorm in peace" I respond, rolling my eyes.

A smile grows across his face as he runs off towards the castle. Ron and Draco want to help me out? This just feels like a prank only because I don't know anything about being a witch. I guess I'll have to see for myself.