💘S:26💘

Mr Schue sat in the auditorium at the desk in the middle as a video began to play, everyone from new directions speaking and smiling.

(Instead of Schue singing its Y/n)

"Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on, and on, and on

Strangers waiting
Up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlights, people
Living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night"

As the everyone sang as Schue got to the stage, someone they hadn't expected to show up began to sing: Y/n Hudson, Santana's ex who disappeared when her best friend and brother Finn passed. She smiled as she sang, hands in the pockets of her right jeans.

"Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice
Just one more time"

Quinn teared up as her friend appeared, not having seen her in almost 3 years. Santana was shocked, the girl she once knew and dated now no longer looked how she did years ago.

She no longer had long brown hair or was skinny and small. She had short hair just like Finn had but silver, she was no longer as skinny, she had obviously been working out and was covered in tattoos.

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on, and on, and on

Strangers waiting
Up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlights, people
Living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night"

Y/n made her way to the stage, walking down the auditorium steps and up the stage ones. Quickly, Quinn pulled her in for a hug as everyone smiled brightly, Santana still in shock but singing along.

"Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlights, people

Don't stop believin'
Hold on
Streetlights, people

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlights, people

Don't stop!"

As everyone came to the end of the song, Y/n wrapped her arms around her brother's ex and best friend, laughing and kissing the top of her head.

She looked up and saw the latina looking at her with something in her eyes. Something she hadn't seen in years; longing, affection.. love.

Before Y/n could do anything, Rachel jumped the girl in a large hug causing her to laugh.

She began to spin the Broadway star slightly before putting her back onto the ground.

Soon, after the little reunion as everyone was walking out to head back to the choir room, a hand prevented the Hudson girl from going anywhere.

Turning, Y/n was greeted with who else but Santana. She looked up at Y/n still shocked.

"W-where did you go.. why did you go?" Y/n smiled softly at the latina.

"I left because I couldn't handle not having him here. I couldn't come here and know that this was one of the last places I saw him. And I went around the world for a while, mainly stopping in the places you and I wanted to go one day. Ya know, just to scope out some places for us to visit."

Santana began to tear up, pulling the girl into a hug that she desperately needed. "I-I missed you.. so much"

Y/n chuckled softly and hugged back, kissing Santana's shoulder softly. As they pulled away, Santana took notice of some of the tattoos.

"You go everyone's names tattooed on your arm?"

Y/n laughed and nodded. "Yeah, everyone in that club has had an impact on my life, so I had to."

Santana quickly frowned. "But I don't see my name?.." she rubbed her arms and stepped back a bit. Y/n undid the top buttons of her shirt, on her chest over her heart sat Santana's full name.

Roses wrapping in and out of it. This lead down to her ribcage that had lyrics to a song Santana had sang years ago; songbird.

"You are the most important person in my life, of course Finn, my mom, kurt and Burt are important.. but your always going to be the most important to me, your my person."

Santana ran her fingers over the tattoo as Y/n spoke.

"Even if we aren't together or you don't want to be with me anymore. You'll always own my heart."

"What if I want to be with you?"

Santana looked up at the girl, Y/n smiled and placed a hand on Santana's cheek.

"Well then just don't hit me in the head with your elbow like you just did to Blaine"

Santana broke out into giggles before doing up Y/n's shirt once again.

"I love you Y/n Hudson, hopefully one day Hudson-Lopez"

Y/n wrapped her arms around the latina's waist.

"And I love you too Santana Lopez, soon Hudson-Lopez"