🌟C:36🌟

Y/n Odom-Jones was beyond excited. She had been asked on a date by another female dancer at highwater to a beautiful annual dance. She had even made her own dress, a maroon dress, as her date had told her she would look beautiful in the colour.

 She had even made her own dress, a maroon dress, as her date had told her she would look beautiful in the colour

She had even asked her mother Collette to do her makeup. You see, Y/n wasn't a girly girl, but no a complete tomboy either, she wore girly things but never makeup, so Collette was thrilled to do it for her.

After a few year Collette became a single mother due to Sage being away to much.

"Are you ready for your date mija?"

Collette straightened out her daughter's hair gently, causing her to smile.

"Yeah! I have to get going my cabs here!"

"Cab? She's not picking you up?"

This was a red flag for Collette, if you ask a girl on a date, shouldn't you pick them up?

"I-its fine mom! Im meeting her at the dance"

Quickly, Y/n kissed her mother's cheek softly before rushing out of the door.

                                      ☆☆

When the young Jones girl arrived at the dance, she looked around at everyone dancing and laughing.

She began to walk through the room, past bodies. But.. as she saw her date, she saw her dancing with a guy that always flirted with her. What made it worse, is when she saw them kiss.

With tears in her eyes, Y/n ran out of the dance. Surprisingly the cab was still there, so she rushed home.

                                       ☆☆

Collette hummed softly as she did her paperwork when she heard the opening and slam of the front door, then heels running up the stairs and then the slam of another door.

"Y/n?"

Sat in her room Y/n sobbed softly as she closed her curtains.

"Close the window, draw the curtain

Hide the bright light of the moon
Hang the dresses, ugly dresses"

The girl pulled off her dress, throwing it into the trash

"No one likes maroon"

She began to wipe her face with makeup wipes as she sniffled

"Wipe off all that stupid lipstick
Return the earrings to their case
Make-up won't make any difference
It's still the same old face

Isn't it funny?
Isn't it funny?
Isn't it funny you believed that it was real?
Pretty funny

All disasters have an upside
You can find one if you try
You went dancing, you were dancing
You were dancing with a guy"

Outside her door, Collette listened to her daughters heart break

"Isn't it funny?
Isn't it funny?
Aren't you funny?
Pathetically naive and desperate to believe

You can always find some good
Well you misunderstood
Or you've been dreaming
'Cause people are just cruel"

Y/n's heart was wrenching in sadness and pain as she sang, and it was easily heard

"Shut the light off, turn the bed down
No more crying, don't you dare
You'll wake up sometime tomorrow
And forget to even care

Isn't it funny?
Isn't it funny?
For a moment she convinced me I could be pretty... funny."

Y/n held her head in her hands as she sobbed out. Pulling her hair gently before a loving hand was placed on her thigh. Looking over slowly, she was met by the sad eyes of her mother.

"Baby..."

"Mama.." Y/n sobbed out and fell into her mom's lap on the ground, Collette shocked at the wreck her only child was at that moment.

"Where's the dress baby? You worked so hard on it" she looked around before seeing it in the trash after being what looks like ripped to pieces.

"No one like maroon...." Collette shook her head and hald her daughter like a baby in her lap, cradling her and rocking slowly. Of course Y/n wasn't a child, but for years, this is how she loved to be held and would forever want to be held like this. But only by her mother.

"I love maroon. Its a lovely colour, not too bright and not too dark" y/n just snuggled collette as she sniffled.

"Shes not worth your tears my love, your too good for her"

She strocked her daughter's head comfortingly.

"What did I do wrong mama?"

"You did absolutely nothing wrong! You're gonna be ok.. you'll meet someone I promise you"

Without another word, Collette pulled the girl up and laid her down on her bed before kissing the top of her head, as she went to walk away, Y/n gently took her mom's hand.

"P-please stay? I dont want to be alone"

Softly smiling, Collette get into bed next to her before pulling her close, holding her daughter. Just like when the girl was a child.

They were going to get get through it together.
___________________________________________
Hello beautiful people! Its been a little while but new update! Yay! Also I couldn't remember if I've already used this so so if I have im so sorry!