Pinky promise?

scary

***

"So you've a sister?", I asked him.
"Yeah, her name is Luka. She isn't my only sibling though, Hannah and Hayden are younger than me, Luka is the oldest.", he explained making me nod, I saw it in his eyes that he wasn't telling me everything but I understood nevertheless.

He barely knew me too.

"I wish I had siblings. I'm an only child, that's probably why Devon and I are so close though. I usually visit her family every weekend, even if it's just to eat breakfast or watch a movie, it feels like home.", I opened up a bit, seeing that it wasn't fair that it was just him who entrusted me with his stories.

With Owen it feels like we're always sharing each other's 2am thoughts 24/7 during the day. I've never had this with another person. Talking about so much bullshit and about completely different shit in the next second was refreshing. It made me feel alive.

He makes me feel alive.

"Where are your parents?", he asked cautiously.
"My mother died right after she gave birth, leaving my dad and me alone. He was the one who encouraged me to start my acting career. Without his push I would've never made it. He was the one who always believed in me, it didn't matter if they gave me the role or not, he always told me to do my best and that one day, the opportunity will arise. The week before I got my first big role in a horror movie, he died. A car crashed into him, killing him instantly. I couldn't even tell him the amazing news, he never saw me shine.", I cried silently, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, this was probably too much for you. I just-I don't know why I opened up, I wanted to tell you though.", I closed my eyes for a few seconds to regain myself.

"Hey, Emerson hey. Don't apologize, thank you for opening up to me. It means a lot and I appreciate you trusting me so much. I am so sorry you had to go through it alone. I am sure he's very proud of you Emerson.", Owens hand pulled me towards him engulfing me in a tight hug making me sigh in content.

"I wasn't alone though, Devon was always there for me. She never left me, she's the only friend that I have and know will never leave me.", I spoke into his shoulder.

"You can count my name in there too. From this day on I, Owen Patrick Joyner promise I will never leave you. We'll stay friends until we die.", he held his pinky up in the air, a giggle leaving my lips.

"Promise.", I grinned happily.

His hand went back to hold mine, while both our faces held smiles.

"Patrick.", I snorted causing a groan to escape his lips.

"I will never hear the end of this, will I?", he spat annoyed at himself making me chuckle.

"Never."

***

We arrived at the tattoo shop, a man in his forties welcomed us, he was bald, tattoos were all over his body, it suited him. His name is Michael and he's a really sweet guy. I explained to him that I want a tattoo on my arm, under my armpit and if it's possible to do it today spontaneously.

"What exactly do you want?", Michael asked me, Owen listened up closely, curious himself.

"This.", I took my phone out of my purse and showed him the picture I was eyeing for days now. The picture has been following me for months and I liked it quite a lot, so choosing this as my spontaneous tattoo seemed perfect.

 The picture has been following me for months and I liked it quite a lot, so choosing this as my spontaneous tattoo seemed perfect

"I want the ghost in the middle, he's adorable.", I gushed out making Michael laugh.

"If that's what you want then that's what you'll get my lady.", Michael grinned heading towards his laptop.

"Lucifer you're not being serious right now are you?", Owen looked quite shocked, a smirk following right after.

"What now baby boy?", I groaned, annoyed with the boy.

"You've never watched Julie and the Phantoms?", he arched an eyebrow.

"No, why are you asking me this again Owen?"
"This must be a joke right?! You're fucking with me, huh?", I was confused, I honestly didn't understand what he meant.

"Owen what the hell are you talking about?!", I almost yelled frustrated.
"Sunset Curve? It's from Julie and the Phantoms!", he yelled out dramatically.
"That doesn't even make sense! Your show is new and this is from 1995!"
"Listen Emerson. Julie and the phantoms is about three boys who died in 1995 and turn into ghosts, THIS IS FROM THE DAMN SHOW AND I AM THE GHOST YOU ARE GETTING TATTOOED ON YOUR BODY RIGHT NOW!", he yelled in the end causing me to flinch.

"This is me!", he pointed to the ghost in the middle, showing his tattoo, a gasp left my lips.
"No way!", I couldn't believe this.

"So you promise you didn't plan all this?", Owen asked me, my heart broke at his words.
"What? Owen no?! I mean okay we're friends now but why would I get a tattoo for you? I barely know you and you barely know me."

"I don't know, maybe you're secretly a fan or something.", he muttered, I couldn't believe him.
"And what? I lied to you so you would take me to your apartment and we would be friends? This doesn't even make sense what the fuck?!", I was mad at him, his words seriously hurt.

I would never lie to someone, pretending to not know them to get their trust? That's just low.

"If you think of me that low, then you should probably leave right now.", I told him walking towards Michael who was ready to start.

Owen left and all I had was a tattoo that reminded me of him.

Pinky promise?

Fuck you Owen.

***

thoughts? stay healthy people and thank you for reading my story🌙