Kissing the pavement

uncomfortable

***

"So who's throwing the party today?", I asked as we walked to the party, Devon wore a tight black skirt with a white cropped top and her Nike Air Force.
"Savannah? You know her I think?", Dev answered as we walked closer to the house. I halted immediately as my eyes widened in shock.

"Savannah? Like the fucking girl from the show I'm currently watching?!", I started to panic.
"Yeah, what about it?", my stupid friend shrugged her shoulders like it's no big deal.
"What the fuck do you mean what about it?!", I yelled.

"She probably invited Owen you stupid bitch!", I yelled loudly, her eyes now widening in realization.

"Well fuck."

"You can say that again.", I muttered.
"WELL FUCK.", she yelled, I don't even know why the fuck I'm friends with this woman.

"Shut the fuck up you imbecile! I'm not going no-uh!", I shook my head frantically. I turned around but my best friend jumped on me, stopping me from going any step further. Together we fell on the ground, Devon obviously on me while I kissed the pavement, face first.

"You're going. I don't even care if it's the worst person on earth that's at this party. You. Are. Going.", she spat, still laying on me.

"Ouch okay, OKAY fine get off now, I can't breathe!", I yelled.

"And I'm the drama queen.", she rolled her eyes getting up slowly. "I don't want to hear a word from you today. Honestly shut it Dev.", I heaved myself up dusting the dirt off my dress.

"Your walrus self broke me. I'm fucking bleeding!", I cried looking at my right knee. Thank god she listened to me for once in her life and closed her mouth.

For her own good.

We walked up to the house and rang the door bell. Savannah opened the door smiling widely at us and engulfed us in a big hug. "Hey guys! I'm so happy you made it!", she exclaimed happily.
"Thank you for the invite.", Dev grinned, giving me a short glance before walking ahead.
"What happened to you?", Savannah asked worried.

"Oh just good old Devon being her wonderful self.", I grinned sarcastically making Savannah laugh.
"Come I'll get you something so you can clean it up.", she pulled me upstairs to her bathroom.

"So have you watched Julie and the phantoms yet?", Savannah asked as she opened a cabinet, taking a small box out of it.
"I stopped at unsaid Emily, it broke me.", I told her honestly, a small chuckle leaving her lips.
"Yeah that scene is very emotional.", she nodded.

"I invited almost the entire cast today so you can meet them all if you want.", she grinned making me gulp.
"Oh. I'm pretty awkward whenever I meet new people.", I told her honestly.
"Well we're also meeting for the very first time in real life and you're doing great.", she encouraged me.
"That's because you make it so easy to talk to you.", I smiled. "Don't worry the others are really nice too.", she said, inwardly I was laughing uncontrollably.

Yeah, nice.

For sure.

I finished cleaning my wound and followed Savannah back downstairs where I met everyone else. Devon was talking to a boy with brown hair, next to the brown haired guy was Owen who was talking to a girl with black locks. She was across from Owen and next to the girl was another guy with blonde hair. Other people were in the kitchen talking, you could hear music playing in the background but it wasn't as loud as the party on Halloween.

"Guys this is Emerson.", Savannah introduced me to the group, everyone's eyes were on me making me nervous. I ignored Owens stare and gave everyone a small smile. Savannah pulled me to the blonde boy who was already looking at me curiously.

"Hey Emerson, my name is Sacha nice to meet you.", the blue eyed boy grinned at me.
"Hey yes I know you, you're Nick from Julie and the phantoms and that totally didn't sound stalker-ish.", I winced.

That was definitely not a good start.

"And I saw you on Criminal minds, thank god I'm not the only stalker here.", he chuckled, making me feel comfortable. It's weird meeting people who know you from a show or movie but it also feels good knowing that you somehow made an impact in the persons life, doesn't matter how.

"This is Madison. Our little star.", Nick gave Madison a shove who stopped talking to Owen and devoted herself to us.

"How do you know Sav?", Madison asked curiously.
"Devon, the girl over there is my best friend and she's usually the one with the social skills. She basically knows everyone, I only talked to Savannah through Instagram to be honest. I don't know her that well.", I shrugged looking anywhere but at him.

He was killing me with his glare.

"Did you all meet through the show or did you know each other before?", I asked Madison who smiled.
"We all met through the show actually, Owen here knew Savannah before though. Both played characters on the knight squad, Owen introduced Savannah to Kenny, our producer and well yeah that's how she became our Carrie.", my eyes went over to the boy for the smallest second, just getting a glimpse of what I'm trying to avoid the entire night.

He looked really good, his hair was a mess but his outfit was on point and I was honestly struggling not to look at him again.

Damn him and his good looks!

"I'm sure you knew that already Emerson.", Owen said through gritted teeth making me angry in a matter of seconds.

This little fucker!

Forget what I said about him, he's nothing but an ass!

***

I love when u guys comment it makes me so happy! Thanks for the support!🌙