I've missed you

recovery

***

It's the next day and I was laying in my bed at the Thompson's. Their guest room has turned into my room ever since my father died. I haven't slept here for a while now, laying here reminded me of the old times and it was just as sad and comforting like the last time I slept here. The marks turned from their purple-ish color to a mixture of blue and green. It still hurts when I touch it but all in all I was feeling way better than before. Devon has been the greatest best friend I could ask for, she gave me space, spent some time with me watching vampire diaries just like the old times. Everything was slowly going back to normal even though I knew better than that.

It will never go back to how it was before.

My brain is way too fucked up for that.

"You've finally changed into something else than just your pjs. I'm proud.", Dev walked up into my room, a small smirk playing on her lips.

"Shut up Dev.", I gave her the finger, continuing to comb through my hair.

***

Liked by devonthompson and 16

Liked by devonthompson and 16.500 others

emersonblaise healing🌙

view all 1.649 comments

unknown1 fuck off hoe
devonthompson the strongest person I know💪🏼❤️MY bestie is so pretty wow🤧
↪️emersonblaise I love you Dev💛
unknown2 are u ok????
unknown3 you look so thin, are you alright?🥺
unknown4 where's Sean's comment? are you still together? I am confusion
unknown5 bitch finally bby Sean realized that you're a whore😌
themadisonreyes 💖

***

"Someone's here to see you.", she suddenly said. I dropped my brush, my heart thumping out of my chest. The door opened and my heart dropped in disappointment but at the same time it was still full with gratitude.

"Sacha?", the blonde walked in with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, they were bright yellow.

"How's my fangirl doing? I thought I'd check up on you, I was a little worried.", he smiled handing me the beautiful flowers. "Thank you, I love them!", I grinned engulfing the boy in a tight hug. He was warm, his cologne nothing like Owen's but he still smelled really good. His presence always made me happy, he has this aura, which is why I love having him around so much.

"You're actually the first person that's checking on me.", I replied honestly, patting the seat next to me. He sat down, I didn't even notice Dev leaving the room. "I'm sure they'll come around soon.", he assured me, I nodded looking at my wall, it was filled with pictures of Devon and me.

"I am sorry for being such an awful friend, I let everyone down.", I was playing with my hands, he stopped me, taking my hands in his. "You're not an awful friend Emerson, it wasn't your fault okay?! Either way it's in the past now, let's just forget it. I brought knives out on dvd and Devon said to bring some snacks. "I also made popcorn now scooch a mooch.", Dev walked in with a gigantic bowl making me smile. "You guys know me too well!", I laughed taking the dvd out of Sachas hand.

***

We spent the day watching movies, talking and having fun. It was actually refreshing, after four hours Sacha said it's goodbyes and went back home.

"I'm gonna go out for a while, I'll be back in an hour or two alright?", I asked Devon, she gave me a confused look.

"Of course you don't have to ask Emmie."

"I'm sorry, he told me to always tell him where I'm going I-", she stopped me.

"It's fine, go out.", a sad smile was playing on her lips. "Thanks.", I whispered before heading out. The fresh November air put a smile on my face. I purposely left my phone at home, enjoying nothing but my surroundings, living in the moment.

"Em?", I flinched at the name, looking around in horror. It was Madi, she had a shocked expression on her face, probably due to my reaction. "I'm sorry you startled me.", I put a hand over my heart, trying to stop it from beating out of my chest.

"I've missed you.", her eyes were wide, she took a few strides at me, engulfing me in the biggest hug I've ever received in my entire life. At first I didn't hug back, not knowing what to do with myself but finally everything clicked and my shaking hands went around her neck tightly.

"I've missed you too!", I mumbled into her hair.

Her warmth that was mixed with her sweet fragrance gave me comfort, my grip around her tightened. I closed my eyes shut tightly as the memories of all the times I let my friends down rushed through my head.

I am so sorry, this is all my fault!

"I don't deserve you guys.", I mumbled only for me to hear. Madi saw my wet eyes but I quickly opened my mouth before she could say anything else. "What are you doing here?", I asked curiously. "Girl! I live here what do you mean? Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that question?", she arched an eyebrow.

"Right! You're close to Dev! I never noticed before, I guess that day your dad drove us I wasn't really paying much attention.", I grinned sheepishly.

"Wanna go for a walk?", she asked me, linking her arm with mine, a big smile on her face. "Sure Madi.", I smiled back, still struggling for the smile to reach my eyes.

At least I'm good at pretending.

***

hiya I'm so sorry,
I've been writing through the week
so I could update
but today is the first day
I'm actually FREE and can post it yay!
ANYWHORE
I told you abt the jatp sweater, right?
I BOUGHT IT ON BLACK FRIDAY!!!
I can't wait for it to arrive omg!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
vote & comment!!!
your comments literally make my day wow,
so many are actually enjoying the story
I'm so thankful
stay healthy,
lots of love🌙