i'm sorry-but HOW?

tension

***

"Emerson."
"Owen.", we nodded at each other.

He was handsome as always, wearing a beige cream sweatshirt with some black pants and his signature accessory, a cap.

"So Em what happened?", Madi asked after we ordered our drinks and something to eat. "A week ago I auditioned for a main character in a new show, called fate: the winx saga and today I received a call from them. I GOT THE JOB!", I squealed, everyone congratulated me happily, even Owen had a small smile on his face.

"Congrats Em! This is big! You will love every single second of it.", Madi smiled giving me a quick side hug. "Thank you, I'm really excited, I'll start on Monday.", I explained making her nod.

"You wanna know what also happened today?", I asked her a small smirk forming on my lips. "What?", she asked skeptically. I fished my phone out of my purse, showing her the selfies Devon and I did this morning. A loud gasp escaped her mouth, her eyes wide and hands on the face while my lips were stretched out in a wide grin.

"You didn't!", she whispered snatching the phone out of my hand. "Oh but I did.", I giggled. Owen was watching us curiously, clearly not understanding what happened. "I got this list, it's a bucket list and I always wanted to do it so I dragged Dev with me to the Hollywood sign. She hates it when I do these crazy things with her but it gives me an adrenaline kick and the pictures and stories make it so worth it! I mean just look at the picture, not everyone can say that they did that in their life.", I explained, Charlie was now curious too so Madi handed him my phone. Charlie seemed surprised while Owen held a small smirk.

"Did you get in trouble?", Charlie asked interested, I shook my head. "There was this dude, he caught us but we sprinted back to Devs car before anything else could happen.", I shrugged, Madi was still in shock.

"You're sure something else Emerson.", Charlie chuckled handing me my phone while I shrugged.

"How was your week though?", I asked them, looking directly at Madi. "It was a little stressful I'm not gonna lie, we had a few interviews to promote our show again. A childhood friend also visited me for a few days, we had so much fun, I showed her around, she loved it.", Madi said, our food finally arriving.

"Owen killed his plant today.", Madi said out of nowhere causing me to choke on my food. "Shit I'm sorry Em.", she hit my back apologetically. I downed my lemonade in one go, after a few seconds I could finally breathe normally again.

My eyes met Owens, he had a gleam in his eyes I couldn't describe it, it made me feel some type of way.

"You killed a plant?", I asked arching an eyebrow, his eyes still fixated on me. "Yeah my succulent died.", I snorted loudly, people were already looking at us weirdly. "I'm sorry-but HOW?", I giggled shaking my head, I could see from my peripheral view that Madi was grinning from one ear to another but I decided to ignore it.

"Apparently you're supposed to water it, I thought it didn't need any water just the good old photosynthesis and nothing else.", he replied so serious I honestly wasn't sure if he was messing with me or not.

Even though I don't know him that well I can actually see him doing that...or well in this case not doing it.

"Of course Owen! Even a cactus needs water!", I held my stomach from laughing so much. "Well anyways, the funeral was nice though.", he grinned cheekily.

This boy.

I really had to stop myself from laughing out loud, it hurt so much I couldn't breathe.

"It's okay bro, it happens. But if you can't even take care of a plant, an animal won't probably be a good idea either.", Charlie commented while chuckles were still escaping my lips.

"Animal?! As in a dog? Oh my god that's such a great idea!", Owen exclaimed causing Madi to roll her eyes at his stupidity.

"The poor pup wouldn't make it through the night.", I laughed while Owen send me a playful glare. "What? It's the truth. YOU KILLED A SUCCULENT!", I told him causing him to wave me off. "Oh shush, I'm sure you killed more plants than I did."

"I did not!", I pulled out my tongue.

"Sure you didn't Lucifer."
"Don't make me regret this civilized thing we've got going on baby boy.", I was glaring at him.

The entire table was silent, you could probably see the tension from even miles away. We had a stare off, neither Owen nor I wanted to look away first.

Honestly what the hell is his eye color?

Will I ever know?

It's bothering me so much, even more now because I'm staring right at them and still can't tell.

It was really easy to get lost in them, he pulls you in so quickly you barely get time to realize what's happening around you.

That scares me so much, he has so much power over me and I, myself don't even know it yet.

"Uh guys? Hello? Are you still with us? What exactly do you two got going on?", Madi waved bringing us back to the real world where everyone was staring at us curiously, waiting for a reply.

"Suddenly I really gotta go pee, where's the bathroom again...oh wow there it is...I'll be right back.", I sprinted to the toilets, I could see Owen searching for help but I was long gone.

Hiding in the toilets seems like a wonderful idea right now.

Sometimes I'm a real genius.

***

lmao it's the hiding for me.
ANYWHORE
how was your day? hope you're doing great.
vote and comment your thoughts,
lots of love, stay healthy🌙