we will die!

tired

***

"SO TELL ME EVERYTHING OR I WILL GO TO HIS HOUSE AND ASK HIM PERSONALLY!", Devon shook from excitement. It was the day after and Devons mother Phoebe invited me over for breakfast, I was very tired because I got home pretty late but I couldn't say no to this woman. Phoebe was already gone along with her husband off to work but before they left, they embraced me in a tight hug, making me feel more than just welcome.

It was my home, more than my own apartment that was for sure. I know that I can always come to the Thompson's whenever I need help, they are my rock and I'm thankful for every single one of them.

"Why are you yelling so much Devon stoooop, honestly my head is hurting from all your yelling.", I rubbed my temple, taking a bite of Phoebes pancakes.

They are just the best, wow.

"Why? Did you drink? Was the date that bad?", her questions were flooding like there's no tomorrow.

"Okay how about you shut the fuck up for one second and let me breathe. It's fucking 8 in the morning and I like my sleep. Now I couldn't get my sleep which is okay, it's my own fault but now let me at least have my food so I can be at peace for the rest of the day. Do we agree? Great! Good talk.", I spat taking another bite of my pancakes that were sadly getting less and less due to me eating them all.

Ugh I don't want this deliciousness to end!

"Someone had no dick appointment and I can telllllll.", my best friend sing sang, breaking me completely.

"That's it. You're done.", I looked at Dev who was already fleeing towards the bathroom but it was no use.

Angry Emerson is faster.

I'm always faster.

"You little bitch can't shut your mouth for once! I'm surprised you made it this far without any problems in your life.", I spat pulling her by the hair with me to the table. I held her in place while eating my breakfast, she didn't dare to open her mouth knowing that I'd pull on her precious hair.

"You wanna go hiking?", I asked my best friend after finishing my last slice. "I don't believe you.", her mouth was wide open, I finally let go of her hair and stood up. "You're coming or what?", I gave her one last look, hearing her footsteps behind me, assured me that she's coming along.

"I'm just coming because I want to know what happened.", I rolled my eyes at her comment. We got in Devons car and drove to the Hollywood sign where we parked nearby.

"Now tell me everything.", Dev whined as we walked out of the car. "Okay, so Sean was a real gentleman. You know the cute coffee shop we went to a few weeks ago?", she nodded so I continued my story. "Well there's this expensive restaurant across from the street and we ate there.", I gushed happily as we made our way to the Hollywood sign.

"We talked and got to know each other, I told him about mom and dad and he was so sweet about it. After we ate, he paid for the food and we walked to the beach where we got ice cream. It was pretty amazing!", I gushed, already smitten with the boy.

"We sat there for hours talking and around 1am he drove me back home, I went to bed around 2am I think that's why I'm being my grumpy self today.", I explained, a frown made its way on Devons face.

"That sounds great Emmie, I'm so happy for you.", she gave me a small forced smile. "What's up? Why are you being so weird right now, I literally told you everything, exactly how you wanted me to.", I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"It's not that Emmie.", she sighed shaking her head. "Well what's wrong then?", she shook her head, the sun was up brightly making the view even more incredible than it already was.

 "Well what's wrong then?", she shook her head, the sun was up brightly making the view even more incredible than it already was

"Forget it.", she took a quick picture with her phone, my eyes finally caught sight of the sign and a wide smile appeared on my face.

"Oh god no. The look doesn't mean anything good. It never does.", Dev said, panic already written on her forehead. "Oh shush, it's nothing bad I promise.", I waved it off making my way towards the sign.

"Emmie what are you doing?", she already knew what was coming. "Another thing on my bucket list is to touch the Hollywood sign, I wanted to sit on it when I was little but I soon realized that that would be way harder than just touching it so touching it it is.", I shrugged while my friend almost looked like she would faint any second.

"You are unbelievable!", Dev shrieked shaking her head furiously. "Oh come on, just help me and get over yourself. This isn't the first illegal thing you're doing with me.", I spoke as she let out a nervous laugh, clearly not liking the idea at all.

"I'm asking myself if it's the last because we will die if we get caught!", she yelled, I shushed her immediately. "Shut the fuck up, you wanna tell the entire world what we're doing huh?!", I whispered.
"Why are you always dragging me into this!", she cried, her hands shaking immensely. "You're my best friend for a reason and well this is the reason.", I told her while she let out a gasp.

"Oh come on just shut up and help me.", I rolled my eyes, annoyed with her hesitance. I made my way to the sign, my best friend sighed but finally helped me and got us in front of it. I touched it, smiling from one ear to another while whisper yelling: "Take a picture quick!"

For once in her life she listened and shot a few selfies of us goofing around. After that a man caught us so we ran down the hill towards Devons car where we calmed down, the adrenaline still rushing through our veins.

"This is exactly why I frowned a few minutes ago.", Devon spilled, making me turn to my best friend with curiosity in my eyes.

"What?"

***

what is devon talking about? can u guess it? vote and comment your thoughts, lots of love, stay healthy🌙