try harder next time

banter

***

After that event, Owen and I changed seats so I could drive him to the hospital. I insisted to call his family so someone could take care of him but he refused. At the hospital Owen handed me the small pup so he could go with the nurse, while he wasn't looking I stole his phone from his back pocket.

I quickly called his sister remembering her name, telling her where we are, she told me she'd be there in 15minutes so I made my way to the waiting room.

"Alright I'm good we can go now.", Owen appeared in front of me 15minutes later. "Alright let's wait in front of your car, I called your sister. She should be here any minute.", I explained handing him his phone back. "How do you know my password?", he asked surprised.

"Puh-lease, using your own name as a password is dumb.", I snorted, he let out a 'hey'.

"Hey, I came as fast as I could I'm sorry the subway was packed.", a blonde girl with green bright eyes approached us. "Hey, you must be Luka it's nice to meet you.", I smiled, the girl turned her head towards me a small grin playing on her lips. "Ahhh the girl that almost killed my brother, nice to meet you too Emerson.", my cheeks turned bright red, Owen laughed shaking his head.

"Try harder next time will you?", Luka smirked at her brother who only let out a gasp. "And to think that we have the same blood!", Owen exclaimed dramatically, she gave him the finger instead.

"Oh I really like you.", I pointed out giggling.
"I see you finally got yourself a dog.", Luka took big bindi in her hands, running her fingers through his fur, he seemed to enjoy it so much that he fell asleep again.

Same doggo same.

"Big Bindi.", Owen stated proudly,I sat in the backseat enjoying the bickering. "Oh you didn't! Poor puppy, I'm so sorry little one.", Luka whispered to the small pup also making herself comfortable in the drivers seat.

"Owen what the hell are you doing, go to your sister.", he was about to take the seat right next to me but I pushed him out of the door. "I just walked out of the damn hospital let me have a sad moment will you!", he huffed out, grabbing big bindi taking the seat next to me. "But I don't want you here!", I whined, groaning loudly. "I don't want him either!", Luka exclaimed starting the car.

"Wow you guys are hilarious.", Owen commented rolling his eyes. "Go to the trunk.", I shrugged not really caring about his well-being anymore.

What?

The doctor said everything's alright, he's back to normal.

So why should I treat him differently?

Exactly.

"So tell me Emerson, how do you two know each other?", Luka asked curiously. "From a Halloween Party, we have the same group of friends.", I explained making her nod.

I gave Luka my address so she could drop me off, we got to know each other a little more, ignoring Owen in the process. I thanked her for the ride and apologized once again to Owen for almost killing him today. At home, I turned on my phone-I turned it off after we escaped from our friends-seeing hundreds of messages and missed calls.

Fuck this, I'm really not in the mood to read it all!

Instead I walked to the kitchen and made myself a fruit salad, I changed into something comfortable and decided to watch a movie.

"Holidate it is.", I pressed play and enjoyed the rest of the night all by myself.

Around 2am I was sure that everyone else was asleep so I finally took out my phone and answered all the messages, it was mainly Madi, some were from Savannah, I also had one from Dev and one from Sean. After I assured both Madi and Savannah that I was safe and at home, I decided to text Sean. He asked me about my day, I texted him that I had a great, adventurous day and that I would tell him everything tomorrow on our next date. Devon texted me that she told her parents about my new role and that they were extremely proud of me.

My heart swelled at their kindness.

After another 20minutes of me scrolling through my socials, I decided it was time to go to bed, soon I drifted off into deep sleep.

***

Liked by owenjoyner and 16

Liked by owenjoyner and 16.527 others

emersonblaise reminder: water your plants everyone🌱

view all 1.733 comments

devonthompson hot gal❣️
unknown1 no one likes u fuck off
sean.smith queen🖤
unknown2 back off my man😊🔪
themadisonreyes lmao the caption EM I LOVE YOU WOW💀💖
↪️emersonblaise love you more Madi😌💛
unknown3 HOT HOT HOT
owenjoyner should I be offended?🤔
↪️themadisonreyes LMFAOOOOO
↪️savannahleemay EMERSON I-
↪️emersonblaise whoops?🤪
↪️unknown4 what?
↪️unknown5 wtf is going on I'm confusion America pls explain????
↪️unknown6 OWEN KNOWS EMERSON WHAT
↪️unknown7 are y'all dating?

***

"Thank you Sean, it was delicious!", I grinned at the cute boy that was sitting in front of me. We were once again at a restaurant, this time Sean ordered for me and it was extremely delicious I was in heaven!

We talked about our day and I told him what happened yesterday. He thought it was stupid to run off like that, we could've gotten in trouble but I assured him that everything went well. He paid for our food and after that drove me back to my apartment, before I walked out of his car I took all the courage that I had left in my body and leaned in, giving him a kiss. It was gentle and sweet, something the both of us have been waiting for. I was smiling from one ear to another, a blush on my face, his hand caressed my cheek sweetly. He leaned in and kissed me one more time, a little harder than before, it was perfect, just like him.

"Goodnight Sean."
"Goodnight Em."

What a night.

***

this chapter is as chaotic as my life...welp I REALLY LOVE DOGS that's all I have to say, feel free to comment your thoughts and give it a vote if you liked this chapter! lots of love, stay healthy🌙