I love you

broken

***

a/n: omg this song is LITERALLY describing the chapter I am-in love

[a/n: TRIGGER WARNING: this chapter contains physical as well as mental abuse, if you do not feel comfortable in reading this, please skip this chapter]

"What did you just say?!", his voice was threatening, warning me if I repeat myself that it won't end well.

I took a deep breath.

"I said no! Honestly I'm not your fucking slave and I will not do as you say! You're supposed to be my boyfriend, love me and not fucking hit me! I didn't say anything before but this was the last straw, you're fucking mental if you think that I'm gonna continue whatever this is supposed to be. You need a doctor because this is not how you should treat a woman! What the actual fuck Sean, changing a person completely just so you're pleased? Fuck yourself you imbecile!", I yelled, not even half way done with the things I wanted to tell him but his hands were around my neck tightly. I was seeing stars around him, Sean was red from all the anger. I tried to squirm away from his grip but he held me tightly not giving a fuck that I couldn't breathe.

"You little whore, I thought we could stay in this bubble of yours but I guess I need to take harder measures for you to actually listen to me. You are mine now, there's no going back now.", the veins around his eyes making him even scarier than before.

I need help, or this will end ugly.

I tried scratching him with my nails but my power was leaving me and I was slowly seeing black.

"Emmie?! Emerson! Quick, open the door she needs help!", I could hear a faint voice, that's when I fell into deep sleep.

***

"I will kill that bastard!"
"Look at all the marks he has given her, she looks like a punching bag oh my god!"
"She went through all this alone, I can't believe this!"
"Guys she needs to rest, come let's go outside. We need to be cautious with our words, the doctor says she might have a trauma."
"Fucking asshole."
"Come Owen."

***

My eyes fluttered open, Devon and her parents were in the room talking about something when I let out a cough. "Emerson dear, you're awake, George call the doctor.", Phoebe called, a small smile on her face.

"It's good to have you back Emmie. We missed you.", Dev gave me a sad smile. "What happened?", my voice hoarse.

"We will tell you that later dear, you need to rest now. The doc will check up on you and you'll stay at our place for a while." Phoebe gave me a motherly squeeze.

"But-"
"No buts dear.", she stopped me immediately.
"Now take it easy Emerson alright?", George came walking in with the doctor next to his side.

The doctor checked on me, saying that everything was fine and I could leave after the blood results are out. He explained to me that I have a trauma, saying that it will take some time until I start healing again. George went with the doc to sign some papers and Phoebe made sure to get me something from the cafeteria, saying that I look thinner since the last time she saw me.

"What happened there?", I asked curiously, I slowly heaved myself up from my laying position. "Let's not talk about it now-"

"No, let's talk about it now. Please, tell me everything.", my tired eyes met hers.

She let out a sigh before giving in. "I knew that something wasn't right after you hugged me. So I decided to call the police and sprinted to the foyer to get the manager. With his key, we could enter without breaking anything. You two were arguing rather loudly so I knew that you needed help and so we got in. He was choking you Emmie, I was so scared. Your face was white and you were already unconscious, I thought you were dead.", she had tears in her eyes, my heart was aching. It was as if I was reliving the moment, my heart beat increased, a beeping sound coming from the machine next to me.

"Maybe I should stop-"
"Continue Devon.", my voice still hoarse.

"The manager tried to hold him in place but he escaped."

My heart stopped for a second, before the thumping continued at its fast pace.

"The police was surprisingly fast enough though. They caught him Emmie. You don't have to worry, he won't be able to go near you again.", she assured me as I looked out of the window. "The police called the ambulance, bringing you here. I was never so worried Emmie, I thought I lost you forever. I would've never forgiven myself, knowing I could've done something earlier.", she cried, I shook my head immediately.

"Don't you even dare think about something like that. You did nothing wrong, you know me I'm stubborn. I would've never listened to you. You tried to help me, heck everyone tried but I was lost and too much of a coward to ask for help. I realized my mistake when it was already too late. I'm sorry.", I said holding my hand out for her to take it.

"Don't you even dare say sorry, it wasn't you. That girl was not my Emmie.", she squeezed my hand. "Thank you for not giving up on me, I don't know how I'll ever repay you."

"Oh shush Emmie, I'm glad you're back."

"I love you Dev."
"I love you too bestie."

Hopefully the others will forgive me like Devon did.

Somehow I know it will be way harder though.

***

i am so sorry,
school is fucking with my life
I have no minute for myself
I am literally writing this chapter in the train lmfao
ANYWHORE
this is a rather emotional chapter,
Sean is finally gone,
but Emmie's story is still going strong,
bear with her character,
she won't be the old Emmie anytime soon,
that is just not realistic!
vote & comment,
lots of love,
stay healthy🌙