CH 43

Baekhyun's Pov : 

My body is still shaking as I wiped away my tears from Chanyeol's face. He looks so frail that I am scared of touching him. What if I hurt him or something. So without touching anything else, I simply take his big rough hands in mine pecking them again and again before holding them gently and carefully as to not put too much pressure. 

"Why is he not awake yet?" I asked the four men behind me who haven't uttered a single word since we came in. "It's been a week since he was being shot, isn't he? Then why is it taking so long to heal" 

Xi Chen, "When he was shot, the bullet was shot just a few inches above his heart. He didn't even get a chance to dodge it as it was unexpected for him. When the men brought him to  Boss he made his men lock Chanyeol up. As he was not gonna leave him to die so easily, he appointed a few of hid inside doctors who only treated him until he was out of danger. Fortunately, we secretly took Chanyeol out of that hell hole and hid him here in his own mother's house"

Frowning I bit my lips and wiped the remaining tears away from my face before standing up and facing the other. 

"How do you even know this place?" I asked curiously. 

Flipping his silver hairs Ming smirked, "We have our way boy" 

"Why would you help him? Doesn't it also mean that you betrayed your Boss and that's also cheating" 

Xi Chen smiled thinly as he pulled up his sleeves and showed a small Eagle tattoo curved sharply over his flesh as if it was a part of his body. "Do you know what this tattoo symbolizes Baekhyun? It's a tattoo that represents our gang. Our Old Boss was a very righteous and diligent man. He would never go after someone just for revenge unless the person is the one to advance first. Our Boss trained us since young and no matter what he always taught us how to choose the rightful side even if we are at a disadvantage. With passing years the true meaning of our gang was lost within the toxicity that was growing within every day" 

Yoon nodded continuing the rest. "When our Boss died we weren't even informed when another gang merged with our own known as the scorpions who came in just like a storm and created havoc in our gang. We never supported his dirty tactics and if you have the been noticing then you might have seen most of the new members in the Gang aren't on good terms with us. The living examples would be MinJi and Sung Ho. Unlike them, we were never loyal to our new boss in the first place. We want him out and after so many years we eagles are so done with him and his new dogs" 

Ming gave a side glance towards the unconcious Chanyeol before mumbling. "As he is an agent we really would appreciate if he helped us" 

"Why did you not eliminate him long ago if you don't like him?" I asked, letting all his words sink in my mind completely. 

Xi Chen shook his head. "We tried until one day we got to know that the Boss has some big shot person who is supporting him. Scorpions aren't a normal Gang. There is also someone above them which is hard for us to tackle. We tried to track down their leader but his strong forces kept blocking us. Not even our best hackers could get anything that could lead us to that Man's identity who was helping Boss" 

"Didn't your Boss suspect any of you when you all made Chanyeol escape?" I was so eager for answers that I don't know but it isn't like they are unnecessary questions. 

Yoon raised one of his brows. "Of course he won't dare point any of us out openly. If he dares to doubt us then he might as well lose us. We Eagles are very loyal to one another like a clan and our stronger than any gang out there except for one or two gangs and if one tries to doubt any of us it's them trying to dig their own grave. Anyways, the other reason is we already gave him proof. The best thing is that he thinks Chanyeol fled on his own. The CCTV Footages were already manipulated so he won't have anything to blame us over"