why would I tell you?

As the first few days of school pass, I quickly grow a loving for plants. I was so fascinated in what I was being taught by Professor Sprout.

One night after supper I was heading my way to the library to find a book on a particular plants I was learning about.

As I strolled down the long, faintly lit library aisles, I went over to the section I was searching for. I summed over the books until I found the one I was looking for.

I gradually haul the book out from the rack and I notice somebody at the opposite side of the rack sitting at a desk with there head down.

I walk out of the aisle to the boy with there head down and came to see it was Draco sitting there.

Typically I would leave him but nevertheless his body was shaking and before long discovered him to be crying.

Draco Malfoy crying?

Odd.

I make my way to the desk and approach him.

"Draco, are you okay?"

He gradually tilts his head up and we make eye contact, "I'm fine" he assures me.

At this point, he gets up and closes his books aggressively and pushes past me.

I had noticed his eyes were watery and the book pages had beads of tears on them before he closed the book.

I don't know what had came over me yet, but I had felt sorry for him.

I scarcely knew him however I have heard his life was tough at home.

Before he got to far I worked up the courage to say something to him.

"Draco" I say quietly, a part of me hoping he would hear me, another part hoping he would continue his way out.

He comes to a halt and turns around to face me, "you're not the only one who has it tough y'know"I say as I glance down at my book and then back at him as we make eye contact again.

"What is it? what's bothering you?" I nervously ask him making a fool out of myself.

He sneers and says "why would I tell you? You're just going to tell everyone to make me look frail."

Before I can get an opportunity to talk he stomps out the the library.

--

Later in the common room as I'm studying the Herbology book that I grabbed for the library, I watch as Draco strolls in.

I was unable to tell in the event if he was upset, irritated, or irate. Maybe all.

After he makes his way in I see Pansy and Blaise surging after him.

"Draco, please talk to me!" Pansy begs as she grabs ahold of his him.

Draco is quick to yank his arm away from her grip and yells "don't you dare touch me!"

Pansy has always been head over heels for Draco, I am almost one hundred percent sure she would do literally anything for him, Draco on the other hands show no remorse in telling where to go and how to get there.

Draco, annoyed as ever, strolls back out of the common room.

I turn my attention back to my book and overhear Pansy talking to Blaise.

"He needs to take to me."

"I know" Blaise remarks.

I feel my heart develop something I was unfamiliar with, sorrow.

I realized my emotions were expressed across my face so before anyone got a glimpse or could even question these infrequent emotions, I hurried back to my dorm.

As I discreetly close the door to my dorm, I spot something laying on me bed.

As I walk closer to it, I notice its a letter.

I place my books down on my floor and take a seat at the edge of my bed and start to open the letter.

I realize it is from my mother and father, their cologne and perfume fragrance is excessively solid and too recognizable for me to actually miss.

I start to read the letter:

Sweetheart, we're soliciting a lot from you, don't baffle this family. We will be seeing you in no time and we plan for you to do as we've been inquiring.

-your mother

I feel my stomach fill up with nerves and my cheeks become warm.

Reading that letter truly made me feel ill.

I did love my parents profoundly, just not what their identity was. They adored the works of the Dark Lord and my father has made a few statements that I become part of the Dark Lords army with them.

They have alway encouraged me to join his army and I realize now, I have come to age where I don't think I will get a say in my options.

I was scared of what could befall me, being in the same room of the beast of a lord. Just thinking about it made it hard to breathe.

I left the room and advanced down the vacant hallway.

Thoughts?