falling

PLAY THE SONG WHILE READING
——————————————————————————-

An uneasy silence spread among the three of us. Our heads were all turned as we heard footsteps becoming more fonder to hear.

"We're not alone?" Dumbledore asks, drawing my attention back to him. "There's others?" he questions us two. "But why? The job could easily be done from you two." He adds.

Draco and I take a quick glance at each other and then back to the headmaster.

"Im sorry, but there is no other way." I say on the verge of tears but I breath in to suck them back.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices, please let me help you two." Dumbledore suggests almost in begging in a way.

"We don't want you help!" Draco states re-gripping his want , "Don't you understand? We have to do this, we have to kill you, or he's going to kill us!" Draco whimpers.

He looks to me and reaches his hand out to me. I take his hand tightly. We need each other touch right now, for that's the only thing that could try to calm us.

Before Dumbledore had anytime to respond, the footsteps grew louder as we were soon accompanied by Bellatrix and Greyback. They made there way up the stairs, coming to floor level with us.

As we see them approach we steady our hands as we grip our wands tight and look back at Dumbledore who is now surrounded by deatheaters .

"Look what we have here." She says stepping closer to us. "Well done you two, you have completed the first half of the task. Now complete the second part. Finish him!" she says dramatically says as she does with everything else.

"Good evening Bellatrix." I hear the poor old man say. "I think instructions would be appropriate." He adds.

"Gladly." Bella responds. "But we are on a very tight schedule." She laughs out loud. "Do it! Do it now! One of you, now!" She demands staring at both of us and getting closer.

"They don't have the stomach." I hear a voice chime in.

"No! The Dark Lord states that either of them must complete the task, we must not waste more time. Do it!" She screams directly in our ears causing me to wince as her voice goes through my head.

A few seconds grow by and it was complete silence. All I could hear was the ragged breathing beside and behind me.

The silence was soon broken as footsteps came closer behind me. I turn my head quickly to see Snape appear beside me.

"Severus..." Dumbledore says softly.

I feel Draco's hand pull me close to him. As I stand very close to him, our shoulders touching, I hear Snape shout an unforgivable curse.

"Avada Kedavra!" He says pointing his wand at Dumbledore.

The green light that emits from the tip of his wand hits Dumbledore, I watch as he gets pushed back into the railing and proceeds to fall off the tower.

My heart stopped beating and I couldn't tell if I was breathing or not. The world had suddenly seemed to be getting smaller around me. I watched as the man that watched over us all these years fall over the side of the tower.

It should have been me.

His body looked so graceful as it fell or maybe that was because everything was in slow motion for me. I blocked everyone out for those very few moment. I didn't cry, I was in shock where I couldn't even process what was happening.

I hear faint cackles come from behind me and slight tugging on my arm.

I felt like I was in a dream, I wish I was in a dream. I just wanted to wake up from this awful nightmare.

Suddenly, flashbacks came rushing to me from my first day of school and met Dumbledore.

"Classroom 1B" I say out loud to myself.

I look around the empty hallway trying to find my class. This school is too big, I don't know if I will ever be able to find my way around.

I look side to side at each classroom when I suddenly stop and see a tall man with elegant clothing on and a long white beard stand before me.

This was the man that had just introduced himself not too long ago.

I jump from his unexpected approach.

"I-Im lost. Im sorry headmaster." I say innocently.

"No need to apologize young one. What is your name?" He inquires.

"I'm Tessa Stormont." I reply.

"Its nice to finally meet you." He says and holds out his hand. I shake his hand with a firm grip as my parents always taught me to do.

"Pleasure to formally meet you as well sir."

"Now let's get you to your class. Did I hear you say 1B?" He asks.

"Yes sir." I say as he lets out a soft chuckle. I give him a confused expression. "We are many stories up from there so here I want you to grab my arm." He says holding his arm down for me to reach.

I grab on to his arm, we twist, and I land on solid ground, what just happened?

"Sir what did you just do?" I question.

"I just transported us to the first floor, now I hope you can find your class from here." He says as he begins to turn around.

"But wait" I say quickly, " I want to know how to do that too!"

"Now, now Ms. Stormont, your time will come to learn many things, but now you need to get to class and learn how to hold a wand first." He chuckles which makes me laugh. Something I haven't done in a very long time.

—————

This was so sad to write omg:(
Vote<3
Things are really gonna get going from here.

Thoughts?