nightmares

I wake up frantically lying in my cozy bed dripping sweat.

I sit up quickly and look around my darkened room, consumed.

I look over to my night stand and see the clock that said it was just after 4 in the morning.

I slowly lay back down on my back and catch my breath.

It had been 3 weeks.

3 weeks since that night at the Astronomy Tower.

Ever since that night, I've had countless reoccurring nightmares. They were always the same, it was always me being killed by the Dark Lord for disappointing him. I had the same reaction everytime I dreamt of it. I never got used to it.

I turn over to my side and closed my eyes. I just want one night were I can actually sleep. As my eyes were shut I had thought I had saw Draco.

He was looking at me, "I love you." He says so I opened my eyes quickly to which I was just surrounded by loneliness in my darkened room.

Summer holiday had started two weeks ago and I haven't gotten any signs or letters from Draco. It was unlike him, he had always written to me wether we were together or not.

It was his way of definite communication with me.

I wrote to him very frequently as the Summer holidays began but as the days went by, I received no letters back. I was concerned but also kind of hurt.

I slowly stopped writing because there was no point of it if I wasn't going to get a response.

I decided it was best if I tried to fall asleep again but just as I do, I find myself beginning to silently cry as I did everyday and every night.

The events that happened that night never left me. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw Dumbledore's helpless body gracefully fall and Harry's pained face from the hut.

I daze off, crying myself to sleep practically and see Draco's figure standing at the foot of my bed as the light of the moon sneaks in through my window.

"Tessa, if only you knew how much I missed you but my mother and father forbade me to write to anyone including you, my love." He begins to say. "I wish it was easier for us, please remember how much I love you." He says as he slowly walks over to my side. "I must go now,  when you wake,  open this letter." 

He places a letter on my night stand, and then vanished from my room out of thin air.

My eyes starts to flutter open from my slumber and I sit up from my bed once again.

What an odd dream...it felt so real, I heard his voice so clearly and I can smell his strong cologne.

I longed for his touch and I looked at my window which was slightly open.

I looked around my dimly lit room, as the moonshine shone through and there I see it.

A letter.

I see an envelope lying on my bedside table. I stare at it for a moment till I carefully pick it up. It was addressed to me in Draco's handwriting.

I could tell it was his hand writing because he didn't have the best writing.

As I hold it in my hands, chills burst through my body as I begin to unfold it.

Tessa,
Do you remember how Professor Binns had assigned us to write a story to someone that had impacted us in our years. All that came to my mind was you. You changed my mood, my year, my life. I'm glad I met you; My love

I stopped reading as tears formed my eyes. I wipe them away and take a quick breathe and continue to read again.

Before I had you, there was emptiness in my heart that consumed me, but now my life has a meaning and a purpose. I fell in love with you without knowing what love was. I stayed in love with you because no one else made me feel the way you did. I still fall in love with you everyday. So darling, please don't double my love for you, it's the only thing I am sure of. I love you to the point where words aren't enough.
-Draco

The memories all came flooding back after reading the letter. His presence began to run freely through my mind. Frolicking around like little creatures, joyous to be alive.

My eyes slowly pull away from the inked parchment that had water droplets on it from the tears that ran down my cheek.

I've never read such a letter like this. I've never seen words come from someone like that before, I was surprised that it all came from Draco. But why?

I slowly walk over to the windows sill, as I open the window more, I look out to my garden.

I envisioned Draco standing down there, looking up to me smiling.

———

I hope you guys had a great day<3

Did you guys really think that would be the end?😝