do not be late

The following morning I stroll down the hallway and notice it was calmer than expected.

I gradually approached my class, Transfigurations.

As I opened the the door, the main sound that was made was the sqeaking of the old pivots being moved on the entryway. I strolled inside of the class and took my seat which was directly in front of Malfoy.

As class starts, I slightly turn my head back to eye Draco's desk and see that he wasn't in his seat.

No surprise.

I attempt to focus in class but for unknown reason I had trouble doing so. Was it because of Malfoy? Everything he did was to figure out how to put me on the edge each class period.

"Tessa, you will be working with Malfoy."

I loose my train of thought when I hear those words emerge from Mcgonagall's mouth.

"Im sorry Professor" I state apprehensively, "What am I working on with Malfoy?"

She admires me and adjusts her glasses. "The project you have just been assigned" She says sternly.

She restores her look back to the class.

"Great." I say to myself while sinking my head into the palms of my hands.

When we were excused from class, I walked down the hallway to my next class. As i'm walking down the almost void hall, I hear strides moving towards me. I mind my own business but then I see someone from the corner of my eye. I glance my vision to the right and see Malfoy walking right next to me.

"Partners eh?" He asks while keeping his head forward's to see where he was going.

"Where were you during class?" I ask while restoring my eyes to the front.

"Mind your business" He says arrogantly. "Did you miss me?" He adds in with a giggle.

"I could never miss you" I say, irritated as I strolled faster, ceaselessly from him.

During class as I sit boredly in my seat close to a Gryffindor girl who has short, wavy dark hair, and seemed to be my age, I am diverted when I hear "Pst. Pst"

I whip my head around and see Malfoy sitting with Crabbe three seats behind me, flying a paper bird my way. I cautiously get the paper fledgling and shroud it in my grasp to avoid Professor Snape from seeing it. I gradually open it.

We're working on the protect tonight. - D.M.

I look back up to Draco after reading his note and marginally gestured my head and mouth the word okay to him. I notice a grin develop over his face. Once Crabbe spotted it, he pokes Draco and smiled at him while Draco gave him the shrewd side eye back.

After Snape dismisses the class I get up to leave with everyone else. As I make it to the door, I hear a harsh voice say my name.

"Ms. Stormont"

I pivot and see Snape gradually moving towards me.

"Yes professor?" I ask slowly, making two or three strides closer to him.

He advances over to me so he is only a foot or two away from me. He gradually retires his head down to meet my eyes, so now we're eye level.

"Your mother....And father......would be disappointed to come to hear that you were more focused on a boy than you are in school," He says while inclining his head up and giving me a look. He raises his left eyebrow and adds, " take this as a warning, next time I discover you and Malfoy trading notes, I will not hesitate to keep it from your parents."

He drastically pivots and heads towards his desk.

I couldn't believe he was my godfather, out of all people. On occasion it felt as though he was attempting to act as a father figure.

I walked out of the classroom into the hallway and spotted Malfoy leaning against the wall, gazing me down. As I walked passed him, he strips himself from the wall and accompanies me.

"What did dear old godfather have to say this time?" He asks grinning.

"How do you-" I began to ask but he cuts me off by feigning exacerbation and says "I have my ways, common room at 10 pm, do not be late" He demands and storms off.

The day passes and I am totally worn out. As my last classes roll around, I find it difficult to remain conscious.

After my last class was finally dismissed, I promptly went to my dorm and quickly fell onto my bed but as I get on, I see a little material of paper fly to the edge of my bed onto my floor.

I push myself to get up off the comfy bed to pick it up and see that it was a letter addressed to me. As I read the letter I realize it was from non other than my parents.

Tessa, you will report home next weekend and attend to our meeting. This will not only give you an opportunity to witness what we do, but also show you what you need to be preparing for. We will be there Friday afternoon to get you, make sure you are ready and packed. I expect you to not be late. -your mother and father p.s. stay away from the Malfoy's boy, their son will not be suitable for you.

After reading the letter, chills were sent down my spine and I immediately became stressed.

I run to the common room and see Draco sitting on the sofas with his friends.

I approach Draco, "Hey I just remembered I can't make it tonight...I'll see you tomorrow morning or something."

I watch as Draco's friends begin to part away from the common room and Draco looks like he is filling with anger.

"You can't cancel on me, we made an agreement!" He yells.

"But I-"

"Hey! unless you have a reasonable explanation to cancel on me, you aren't, understood?"

I hope everyone is liking the story so far:)

Thoughts?