we were chosen for this

He closes the door behind us a harsh manor which caused me to jump.

Draco had his hand around my waist as we walked out of the common room and into the hallway. We made our way  towards Snape's classroom and Draco's hand was immediately taken off my waist. He came to a stop as he spots his aunt and the others all gathered at the end.

I glance over to them and back up to him "Are you ready Draco?" I ask as he continues to gaze their way.

"No." Is the only thing he says.

I take a deep breath as I hear the obnoxious feminine voice emit from the other side of the corridor.

"Hello children!" She says loudly as she get closers to us.

Draco and I stood in place as the others came up to meet up to where we were standing. My heart began to thud more the closer they got.

"We mustn't waste any more time, lets go!" Snape says sternly as he rushes down the hall.

Draco and I follow behind them and begin to frantically panic mentally. We kept a good cover on the outside though to not show fear, well I did at least since I had so much experience with doing so all those years.

I look over to Draco and his face turns form fear to pure terror. Seeing that, I felt body become hot, my hands became clammy, and my knees felt like ice that was quickly melting into water. I was now pushing myself to keep walking and not collapse. Thankfully for Draco's hand that was around me, helped keep me on both feet.

We now followed alongside Greyback and Bellatrix, as Snape led us to where Dumbledore had been hiding.

"Where are you taking them Severus?" Bella asks in a questionable tone.

I knew exactly where we were going, it was all too familiar.

"The Astronomy Tower." He says slowly.

Draco and I come to a halt as Snape stands before us and turns to the both of us.

"We will give you two a minute to say your last goodbyes to him. Go!" He says as he shoves Draco and I in front of him.

We walk down the long corridor that would eventually lead us to the doors where Dumbledore should be, "Draco?" I say quietly.

"Tessa?" He replies with a shaky voice.

"When this is over what will happen to us?"

He looks to me with soft eyes, "Im not sure darling."

I can see the frightened look in his stone grey eyes.

We make it to the door and slowly walk in and up the stairs that led us to the tower.

We stay close together as we made our way to the top and we soon come to find Snape was right.

I watch Dumbledore as he wobbles trying to rise to his feet as he spots us making our way up the stairs.

"Good evening, Tessa, Draco." He says as he sees us approaching him. He adds a small wave and smile as he says this and that just made me want to jump off the tower right now. How could I do this to this gentle human.

I look away form Dumbledore as guilt grows more and more. Draco grabs my hand and drags me up to floor level.

"What brings the both of you here on a fine night like this?" He asks.

I glance to Draco and he motions me to point my wand in Dumbledores direction.

I hesitate but eventually raise my shaky arm to point my wand at him. As I hold my wand up at him, we both make our way a little closer to him.

"The lord." I say softly while looking into the poor, innocent, old mans eyes.

"I suspected." Dumbledore says saddened, looking down at his hands.

"Draco, Tessa, you two are no assassin, you're better than this." He says fixing his eyes back and forth on us.

"We were chosen for this!" Draco screams causing me to jolt.

Draco then reveals his mark to the headmaster.

"Draco, no!" I scream at him with my voice breaking at the end.

————
Thoughts so far?

I think we know what is coming next chapter
😭

Also I have a question for you guys, so I was reading the first few chapters and I feel like they are awful, lol, idk if it's just me, but honestly are they boring?